Quantcast

Rear Shock Replacement

Mar 27, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I've got a 2004 K2 lithium 4.0 that's gonna be needing a new rear shock here soon. I'm trying to decide between the Fox Float or Fox Van R. Any suggestions on which one would be better?

Mar 27, 2011
Birmingham, AL
manitou swinger 4way. Its 7.875x2.0. The weird part about the shock is that the upper chamber was the one that blew out and not the lower chamber. So I'm fine on the downhill just not the uphill.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
manitou swinger 4way. Its 7.875x2.0. The weird part about the shock is that the upper chamber was the one that blew out and not the lower chamber. So I'm fine on the downhill just not the uphill.
Sounds like a rebuild to me. Those things are fairly simple, and I'm sure you can find a kit online somewhere.
i'm with golgi here, the swinger's are SUPER easy to work on. its basically the same design as a progressive 5th element.

Mar 27, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Ok thanks guys! I really appreciate the help. But, do you consider the swinger worth the money to rebuild though? Is it going to be solid enough once its rebuilt or is it going to be a complete waste of money like my manitou forks were?

I just don't wanna get burned again by my LBS on the rebuild like I did with those forks. After spending $100 to have them rebuilt, I ended up just trashing them and buying brand new shocks. I just don't want that to happen again.