Quantcast

Rear Wheel Help

MTBXRacing

Chimp
Jun 26, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
I Have a Haro .357 that I removed the floating brake arm because of noise and have the correct drop outs in place. I noticed now I have about 1/2" of play on the axle that the rear hub/cassette can slid about between the swing arm. The floating brake arm mount had a bearing assembly that took up that play when mounted with the drop out, it is a one piece assembly. I can't tighten the axle nuts down their already at their max. Any advice? :confused:
View attachment 110444

Last edited:

jwick

Chimp
May 19, 2008
I'm not real familiar with that frame but based on the position of the single pivot that thing will probably ride/brake a hell of a lot better with the floater on there. I would try to make that work. I know that s not what you asked but thats my 2cents

MTBXRacing

Chimp
Jun 26, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
I figured it out, I thought I had a 150mm hub, its a 135mm hence the difference. I didn't think not using the floating brake arm would require a new hub.

jwick

Chimp
May 19, 2008
I thought of that later too when I started thinking about how the brake caliper was supposed to line up with the rotor as well. Lots moar washers? The good news is a 150 hub should give you a little more stiffness/beef.