Quantcast

reason #2,039,402,934 why I hate cell phones

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
The end of the month when people *cough, my wife cough* are tight on minutes... I have to call them every 10 minutes until they are done doing whatever it is they are doing and can talk to me. They can't just call me when they are done because they are low on minutes.

GDMFers.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
seems like half the people I call are all paranoid about going over their number of minutes... happens the last few days or so of every month. And apparently most of them have free incomming, because they are more than happy to let me call them, but they won't call me back.

So if I call and they are busy, they ask me to call them back in 10 minutes, rather than just calling me when they are done.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Tweek said:
Man, either she must be a talker or your plan needs work. I never even come CLOSE to my 400 min/month. :think: Then again, nobody really wants to talk to me anyway.
400!?!?! Holy crap! I had to up my plan to 1000 minutes. My home phone sucks ass cuz I have my DSL and burgler alarm through it...so therefore, too much crap running through the phone line makes all kindsa static...phone company points the finger at the alarm company...alarm company points the finger at the dsl guys...dsl guys point the finger at the phone company...so after a coupla years of dealing with it...I finally just said f it...the only calls I get on the home phone are telemarketers and the static drowns everything out! :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
seems like half the people I call are all paranoid about going over their number of minutes... happens the last few days or so of every month. And apparently most of them have free incomming, because they are more than happy to let me call them, but they won't call me back.

So if I call and they are busy, they ask me to call them back in 10 minutes, rather than just calling me when they are done.
Sounds like the same people who lease cars and then can't ever drive because they'll go over their mileage quota.

WTF good is having a car if you can't drive it? :think:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
When they say, "call me back," you should say, "text me when you're done and then I'll call you back." Problem solved. If they complain and say they don't want to pay the $0.10 to send a text message, just pause for a minute and tell them to listen to what they just said...tightwads.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Lol I share in your grief! Cell phones are stupid (but very useful if used right. :D ) I think we have like 400minutes a month or something but I don't think I talk on my cell phone more than 30-50minutes each month. Its almost always "Hey dude, wanna go riding? Okay, I'll meet you in 20" lol. or things like "Yeah mom I'm still riding...yeha...yeah I'll be there in time for dinner." :p ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yeah but think of how useful it was when you got to talk to your wife at MBW about not being home on time.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
because of this thread, and the fact that there are over 2 billion reasons to not have one, I have seen the light.

I just threw my cellphone in the trash.

I can't believe, all this time I thought I needed one.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I have cingular rollover minutes. I have like 3500 minutes. Someone call me......

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
I'll try, pick up the can at the other end of this string.....

Damn I wish I didn't throw my cellphone away...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
reflux said:
When they say, "call me back," you should say, "text me when you're done and then I'll call you back." Problem solved. If they complain and say they don't want to pay the $0.10 to send a text message, just pause for a minute and tell them to listen to what they just said...tightwads.
I don't have a cell phone, so no way to text me.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
SkaredShtles said:
Sounds like the same people who lease cars and then can't ever drive because they'll go over their mileage quota.

WTF good is having a car if you can't drive it? :think:
yep - been there, done that.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Yeah but think of how useful it was when you got to talk to your wife at MBW about not being home on time.
yea, that was pretty freakin sweet. OK... maybe they are worth all the hastle.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
yea, that was pretty freakin sweet. OK... maybe they are worth all the hastle.
I keep trying to remember your quote it went something like "That is not what we had agreed on" or something like that....

I felt bad, I know the feeling.

Edit: I remember the quote it was "That was never the case...." I can still hear you saying it....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have 300 minutes on my cell phone plan, I've never used more than 100. The only reason I have a cell phone is because it is cheaper than my disconnected land line. Part of the reason I never use it is I always leave it at home in the charger. My work cell gets some use though, but I don't pay for it:).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
a cell works for me

I have 400 minutes - no extra charge for long distance, calls to anyone "in" are free, no land line and I never go over my minutes

after 9p and w/e = free too

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
douglas said:
a cell works for me

I have 400 minutes - no extra charge for long distance, calls to anyone "in" are free, no land line and I never go over my minutes

after 9p and w/e = free too
hey you must have Verizon...so do I...whats your number? We can really f em over and just call each other on our cells and leave em connected overnight! :D

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I had to get a cell because my rommates opted not to get a land line. 300 min/month and unlimited weekends works fine for me. And they're ever so useful when you car breaks down on I-90.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
hey you must have Verizon...so do I...whats your number? We can really f em over and just call each other on our cells and leave em connected overnight! :D
Nice - way to hit on Douglas and make it look like you are screwing Verizon. Want my number??? :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i went with one of those family palns and it was the best thing I have ever did. anytime i call someone on a t-mobile customer plan it is unlimited!!!! tell all your friends to getthe same plans