Quantcast

Reason to get stronger/go faster.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I'm out at the Reno Wheelmen's Thursday Night Twilight series finale', and it was a great course. Especially liked the section that ran switchbacks down a small ravine. What was a pisser, though, was the ill-marked turn in to the single track from the service road. Another rider and I missed it, and it added about 1 1/2miles to the race for us. Got back, and found the turn, marked with 2 small ribbons that were difficult to see. Ok, on course, and yes, wwwaaaayyy back by now. Start lap 2, and when I got to the single track again, it appeared to be unmarked. As I'm doing the lap, ALL the markings had been taken down by the time I got to them. Gee, there's still a rider on course, and now I'm riding "blind"? Good thing memory was working. Emailed concerns, and have not heard back. Oh well.

Sure hope Northstar does there series next year. At least they know how to mark a course and wait.......

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have stayed away from anything labeled Wheelmen as a rule. LOAW rides were always drop/suffer fests that just seemed to serve as ego inflaters for the guys in the front. This is why I am very selective about who I ride with...would rather have alot of fun and a little suffer then vice versa...