Quantcast

Rebates

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I NEVER EVER buy anything with a rebate, except for this past fall.
I purchased 2 hard drives about 1 week apart in late October and early November. The rebates were sent in immediatly.

Last week I got the first e-mail notification that it had been received and the processing would begin. The the status is still "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing"

I F'ing hate rebates and I'm never doing them again. What an f'ing pain!!!
If they were smart they would send them in envelopes disguised as junk mail so people would rip them up. That way they NEVER have to pay for the rebates.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
well then when you get the money from the rebate.. you can just give it to me!!!!
Yeah, it's $100 worth of rebates I need to wait 4 months for. What a pain!

J

JRB

Lowe's supposedly mailed a coupon for a $75 battery for my drill on the 25th of January. I still don't have it. Kind of frustrating. I feel the pain.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Lowe's supposedly mailed a coupon for a $75 battery for my drill on the 25th of January. I still don't have it. Kind of frustrating. I feel the pain.
PS. you get your paypal money?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
syadasti said:
Yeah

Cell phone, video card, Circuit City, and some others.
Yikes, you must have spent like $1billionty to get that much.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Well the cellphone was free after rebate, so far I've only gotten the $75 Verizon and $125 rebate filed and cashed. There is a dumb $75 one that requires a phone bill between 150-210 days after activation - worst rebate ever.

The $125 one came this year. Like you said there is a multi-month delay. Companies are moving away from rebates now I've heard.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm waiting on $100 in rebates on our Sirius radios. You can track them online, so that's pretty cool. They are "In Processing", received on Feb 2.

Well I'm in no really hurry for the hundred bucks, so whenever I get them, I get them.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i dont get it.. unless you are standing by your mailbox waiting for the rebate everyday whats the difference???... when it gets there it gets there... and all for 5 minutes of effort.. i mean yes i would rather get an instant rebate but i dont see it as a big deal

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
hooples3 said:
i dont get it.. unless you are standing by your mailbox waiting for the rebate everyday whats the difference???... when it gets there it gets there... and all for 5 minutes of effort.. i mean yes i would rather get an instant rebate but i dont see it as a big deal

for real

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's just the fact that it takes so long. You can tell they drag their feet so people don't send them in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BigMike said:
Yeah, but then when they do come, you've forgotten about it, so its like a $100 suprise!
Yeah true, I guess I'm just pointing out the system is set up to discourage people from sending them in.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
hooples3 said:
true dat.

i like forgetting about the rebate coming in. that way, when it does, it's like free money.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's one thing I love about Fry's. They have a ton of crap with rebates, but they do 90% of the work for you at the check out. If you buy 5 things and 4 come with rebates, you get a seperate slip for each item, the form for the rebate and a slip for your records in case you need to return something.

All you do is fill out the card, cut the UPC and slap a stamp. Most times I have gotten my rebates in about 2 weeks.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I've always had good luck with rebates but I'm getting anxious waiting for $390 worth of Canon rebates right now. At least I can track the progress online for some peace of mind.

J

JRB

I still haven't gotten the battery rebate that I send off in December. Lowe's site said it had been sent, but when I called, they said it would be several weeks. I think a lot of folks count on you forgetting it. I have had the best success with PNY and Microsoft for rebates.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I still haven't gotten the battery rebate that I send off in December. Lowe's site said it had been sent, but when I called, they said it would be several weeks. I think a lot of folks count on you forgetting it. I have had the best success with PNY and Microsoft for rebates.
Both my rebates came in!