Quantcast

Rebuilding my Soul Cycle...already

LR Max

Chimp
Apr 13, 2007
Clemson, SC
Ok, I've been rolling on my Titan for about two months now and...well...I feel like I didn't build it right. As skerb can attest to, it almost always has a failure when out on the trail. This poor track record is not acceptable and I feel terrible when I have a failure and hold up everyone. Also after riding some heavier bikes, I am no longer afraid of adding a little weight. I originally built this bike to be super lightweight, and it was. But I lost too much stability, adequate braking, and reliability.

I thought I'd start off with some pictures of what I am starting off with.

The Beer Can spacer just ain't cutting it. A proper repair is required.

The rear V-brake never seem to stay in adjustment. So its getting the boot for some hydros.

This kinda pisses me off, I just bought this BB7 kit. But its getting replaced by full hydros so that'll be nice.

The pod shifters are getting dismounted and replaced since the new brakes are hydros.

These tires aren't cutting it. I slip n' slide all over the trail and at higher speeds it gets a little shifty. Jumps...forget about it. Too unstable.

This medium cage drlr has been the root of A LOT of my problems. The big cogs on my cassette just don't jive with this guy. So its being replaced by a long cage.

I like the wide handlebars. I ride Skerbs preston with the wide handlebars and with the ride. Definately the way to go. These will get kicked.

A lot of replacement parts are enroute or will be shortly. I expect to have my major problems handled before the end of the week and a full rebuild done in the next two weeks (only thing I can get ahold of right now is a handlebar). If anyone sees anything they'd like to buy from the photos above, lemme know. I'd rather it be used than sitting in my storage unit.