Quantcast

Rebuilt the 1911

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Man what a chore that was. Not a complicated task just tedious. After developing some failure to feed issues I got in touch with Wilson combat. Simply put the base issue was an extremely worn recoil spring. So I figured with some 10k plus rounds might as well do it all.

Its now like a brand new gun, and has taught me a lot about this classic. Wilson suggests a new recoil spring every thousand rounds to keep a 1911 in top running shape and a particular selection of back up parts.

Most of all I have learned that while a 1911 is a classic, and a very fun gun, it is not practical for someone who is not good at maintaining.

Still overall I love my 1911, but it is a weapon that requires love and care

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So I figured with some 10k plus rounds might as well do it all.

Wilson suggests a new recoil spring every thousand rounds to keep a 1911 in top running shape and a particular selection of back up parts.
10k rounds through one recoil spring?? thats hard to believe

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I actually hate stainless for shooting. Problem comes with glare and the shinyness. Personally for carry use I prefer a nice dull ugly firearm, but grandpa gave this to me and range shooting is awesome with it

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
ive never had an issue with glare. but i just like stainless as a material in general. it can sort of add a bit of the blingy-ness factor too.

theres always cerakote.