Quantcast

Recent trip to mammoth.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
So I went to mammoth last weekend and had a blast. There are a lot of fun trails there. We left friday night and ended up getting there about 11:30. We were planning on staying up at the lakes but since we got in late we ended up staying at the mammoth rv park next to a mc donalds. The place didn't have any bear boxes so I just put the food in the back of my truck which i was a little worried about. We wake up in the morning and there is trash scattered everywhere. The bears ate all of our food for the weekend. I guess that is what I get for leaving it out in the open.

Riding.- The trails were great, they finaly gave me a place to test out my new giant faith. Some of my favorites where shock treatment, chain smoke, flow, velocity, and bullet was fun as well. We rode from about nine to five saturday and sunday. Sunday was lots of fun because I knew the trails a little better. Around 2:30 or so on sunday I sat down and the bolt that holds my seat on snapped. So I went down to the shop and since they rent some faiths there i figured they would have extra bolts there. Nope the mechanic told me they were out and he'd been trying to get some for a while. So that meant that i was riding around the rest of the day without a seat. It was a little scary. All in all I had a good time there. And I will be going down again next year. I will post a pic if i can find my camera. ( I only took one).