Quantcast

recipe 911, need one for a baked fritata like item

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Help. We THOUGHT we could buy whole quiches at Costco for our "bike n brunch"event this saturday. Not. I can't find whole freezer quiche anywhere so I need some good recipes for a baked fritatta or quiche like casserole item that would be suitable for our event. A couple of 9x13 ideas would be good.

The event is a ladies only mountain bike n brunch, rides, picnic, schwag...right now we've got about 25 RSVP'd.

thanks

gg

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Easier and quicker if you use pre-made pie crust (not graham cracker) in pie plates. Frozen foods section.

4 eggs
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup real mayonnaise
2 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup minced onions
Salt and garlic powder
8 ounces shredded cheese (I like Havarti, but swiss or even cheddar will do)
1 package frozen chopped spinach/broccoli/asparagus/veggie of your choice
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
1/2 cup chopped bacon/mushrooms/quiche-like ingredients of your choice (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Hand whip eggs, half-and-half, mayonnaise, and flour in a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into an unbaked 9-inch, deep pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top is golden brown.

Feeds 6-8, I would lean toward 5-6 for post-ride food.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Instead of "frittata-like" how about just making actual frittata?

2T butter
Filling (whatever you like)
S&P
1 garlic clove
8 lg eggs
3T parmesan
3oz additional cheese (whatever you like)
2T fresh parsley or basil

Heat oven to 400.

Sautee filling with oil, S&P. Add garlic near the end of sautee.

Beat eggs with parmesan, optional cheese, herbs, S&P. Pour into skillet with sauteed ingredients. Shake to evenly distribute filling & eggs. Cook until edges start to set (~1min). Transfer pan to oven & bake until done (10-12min). Slide out of pan & cut.

:drool:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SS, what size pan, I need to feed about 25 people!!! (how many to make)

Also, make ahead and reheat would be awesome...
My wife makes an incredible crust-less fritata with artichoke hearts and all kindsa other goodies. I'll see if I can get the recipe via email from her this morning.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
holy crap, I called some of the delis around town to price other options, and it would be be $125-150 for a brunch type dish for our crew.

I have a great spanokopita that I do, so a few others would be great.

fyi, this is our event, Bike N Brunch:
The day is fast approaching for our first diva ride of the season. We will be meeting at the Riverside Bowl and Pitcher campground parking lot at 9:00 AM with a roll-out at 9:15 AM. We will be breaking up into two groups, a fast and slow group.

Once we are finished with our rides, we will cruise right up to the picnic shelter at the campground and enjoy some great food with new and old friends. We will also have some prizes for those lucky ladies that have joined us on our kick-off ride.