Quantcast

Recomend me an Axe!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
As most of you know I live in the East Village of NYC. Its generally a pretty sweet area to be in, lots of neat stuff to do and cool people to be with. At some point though I'm going to need to claim more space then I have now and I think an Axe is a great way to get it! Also, I think an axe would help me with my growing intrest in street vigilantism too.

So I need help picking out an axe! Help!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
splat said:
don't you have some of those "samples" left over from Pedros ? or did you use them all up already ?
Those went straight into the trash! I shoulda sprayed my friends before the ride home though .

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
This is just some of their weird stuff, I've never owned any of it, but from the quality of their knives (of which I've owned a few), I figure it's probably as good as anything they do.

bad axe

some tomahawks

more smashy choppy things

a weird machete

the brooklyn smasher

some more machetes

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I've always been impressed by the quality of their, uh, sewing scissors.

edit: fiskars that is.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Fiskars makes dope hatchets too, good for throwing into trees and such. My estwing hatchet's okay, not as sharp as the fiskars but it looks cooler. Stay away from liddell, the ones with the yellow handle. Decent tools but the heads have a habit of falling off on every tool I've owned.

Fiskars also makes a really intense shovel.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I have an axe/sledgehammer type thing. One side is an axe the other side is a sledgehammer/maul. You could get something like that so you can chop up and smash offenders into lil bits.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
We've got the Fiskars revolution going on here in central NC---everybody in our riding crew is sporting one. The damn things are razor-sharp right off the shelf and are super-light. I do a lot of trailwork, and the Fiskars axe is one of the most handy pieces of equipment the "travelling trailworker" can own.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I have one of these Truckman fire axes that I picked up on a closeout from a local hardware store in rural town in NH. They had bought a few as an experiment, couldn't sell them, and finally unloaded them for like $35. Rubber coated epoxy handle, real lightweight.

Completely unconditional lifetime warranty. If you can break it, they will send you a new one. I used to use mine to tear down old wooden and corrugated metal sheds when I was working for a contractor.

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
Any trailbuilder know that the only tool you need is a pulaski. I personnally use Wildfire Equipment pulaskis with fiberglass handle. Lightweight and very efficient!

Yet that doesn't beat my Jonsered 2045-Turbo chainsaw for heavy cleanup work... :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ethan, if you buy an axe, hatchet, or other device you are more than welcome to cut down a few trees at my place when you're up.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
I have one of these Truckman fire axes that I picked up on a closeout from a local hardware store in rural town in NH. They had bought a few as an experiment, couldn't sell them, and finally unloaded them for like $35. Rubber coated epoxy handle, real lightweight.

Completely unconditional lifetime warranty. If you can break it, they will send you a new one. I used to use mine to tear down old wooden and corrugated metal sheds when I was working for a contractor.

:drool:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Cutting weapons are so much maintenance what with the sharpening and all. I find that for effective crowd control as well as ease of use you just can't beat a good solid steel mace.

And always remember, with a crushing mass weapon such as a mace you never have a bloody mess to clean up. The enemy will bleed to death on the inside! No muss, no fuss!

dante said:
holy crap I need one of those cane swords... :help:
Nah. For a fun time smashing your friends to bits use rattan wrapped in tape. It's solid like a bat so it leaves nice big bruises. :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ciaran said:
Nah. For a fun time smashing your friends to bits use rattan wrapped in tape. It's solid like a bat so it leaves nice big bruises. :)
I wrapped my Kali sticks (my rattan ones, not my cocobolo ones) with hockey tape (hockey stick style for better grip too) and they hurt like a bitch! Motivate you to get the hell out the way, that's for sure.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
see if MMcG will sell you his hatchet. consider it a starter kit.
I'd trade that hatchet for a nice set of wide flat handlebars with about 11 degrees worth of sweep.

A set of Salsa Pro Moto carbon bars would do the trick. :)