Quantcast

Recomend me an Axe!

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
HypNoTic said:
Any trailbuilder know that the only tool you need is a pulaski. I personnally use Wildfire Equipment pulaskis with fiberglass handle. Lightweight and very efficient!

Yet that doesn't beat my Jonsered 2045-Turbo chainsaw for heavy cleanup work... :devil:
Yup, and they're good for scratching a line before the dozer gets there. I convinced the guys at the office to buy one for the shoreline and streambed and light trail work we do. They just refer to it as the super maddox.

I'm partial to a MS360 Pro, but yours is probably a bit more powerful.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Actually I'm returning them to their owner this weekend. I do have an electric chainsaw though.
I'm not using an electric chainsaw! I'm not THAT metro! I can bring my pops gas chainsaw.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
I'm not using an electric chainsaw! I'm not THAT metro! I can bring my pops gas chainsaw.
How about this, I'll let you use my canoe when you come up and you can pretend to be the cocksmen.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
DaveW said:
Have you thought of a broadsword?.... Just for the style element. ;)
As long as he doesn't use it to chop wood! Gak!

How about a couple of nice throwing axes? Hand forged the old world way. (I did not make these. These are made by an aquaintance who also does the medieval thing.)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Picked up one of these on sale at the crappy tire last week. Preliminary camping test this weekend leads me to believe it would be an excellent tool if one wanted to get all romper stomper up in wherever you please. The blade came sharp enough that I could make a marshmellow stick for the GF quite easily. :thumb: