Quantcast

Recommend a entry-level 20"er...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
My buddy just built a pump track in his back yard that is sized better for a 20" bike, so I'm in the market. I can get good deals on Eastern and 2Hip through my shop. Any suggestions? Besides the pump track it will be seeing some DJ time as well.

Thanks in advance!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^^ I just got one of those as well, and it is DOPE. Granted, the apex is the high end of kink's completes, but they have 4 other ones that are excellent options and at lower price points.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
With only $200, you will be throwing money away on junk if you try and buy new. Save another $100 and buy something used. Take your time and scour craigslist and ebay daily. You will find a sweet deal if you are patient. Then you will end up with something you wont have to replace everything on.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
With only $200, you will be throwing money away on junk if you try and buy new. Save another $100 and buy something used. Take your time and scour craigslist and ebay daily. You will find a sweet deal if you are patient. Then you will end up with something you wont have to replace everything on.
exactly

cheap completes seem like a bargain but besides the frames being made of cheaper steel, the parts will develop issues from the get go almost. i paid a bit over 400 for a complete last spring and while most of the bike held up well, the rear hub developed issues after 2 weeks at the most. all it needed was some frequent adjustment but it was irritating. just save at least 3-400 and look for something used.

iceman720

Chimp
Mar 17, 2008
What do you think about the specialized fuse series? I hear the 3 and 4 are nice custom bikes. I don't know much about kink yet, but the fuse 3 felt really smooth and solid for $450 bucks. For a new rider on a budget would you reccomend getting the fuse 3 or saving up for the apex from dans 550+shipping>?