Quantcast

Recommend me a Honeymoon

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
You've gotten Aubrey used to you doing all the vacation planning---believe me, I know that scenario VERY well. I got stuck in that rut myself......Justine has never planned any of our vacations. She always leaves it up to me. Sometimes, you just want someone to plan something for you to be surprised about for once. :help:
Ha thats true!
I'm more deligent and know what questions to ask or where to look. Aubrey NEVER went on vacations when she was a child so she's never really had anybody to learn from.

I dont' really mind planning them...

PS. that island you went so was in the Caribean correct?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
PS. that island you went so was in the Caribean correct?
Oh hell yeah!!! In the Yucatan peninsula.....just a few miles off the coast of Cancun---but worlds away from the hotel/resort madness. You can see the whole Cancun coastline from the island. Cuba is just behind it about 150 miles. Did you check out the link I put in the earlier post? I would recommend this island for anyone wanting to get away to a place where there are no clocks, no timeframe for anything, nowhere to be......just beach,food, and the best mango margaritas you'll ever have. The first day Justine and I were there, we had Grilled lobster, shrimp, stacked nachos and all the beer we could handle for 300 pesos--or around 30 bucks. That was for the both of us, not just one. That's how cheap you can eat there.. Can't do that on Cancun, yo. And we're talking some of the best food you'll ever eat here........went to this one place where they had little old men going out in boats all day and pulling out king mackerel to grill on wood-fired pits--served with limes, rice and a habenero puree that was to die for. Just a little place down a jungle road, but it was the best thing I had ever experienced. Were there right in the middle of a family reunion/luncheon for some local families, and they totally welcomed us in and made us feel like we were part of their family. It was a beautiful day--Justine and I had tears in our eyes it was such an experience. The second we touched-down back in Charlotte, we immediately began planning our next trip back. We're thinking of going during the New Year's eve week this time around. Christmas in the Carribean............noice!

Justine with her best Marilyn pose on our "Harley" for the week----"If you can read this shirt, the b*tch fell off!"

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh, it all comes down to how much of a control freak one is...when hil and i went to new zealand for our 3 week honeymoon, the only things we had planned were our flights in and out, our car reservations, the 1st night stay in auckland, and our ferry reservations @ wellington. the rest we did as the days unfolded.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
stosh, it all comes down to how much of a control freak one is...when hil and i went to new zealand for our 3 week honeymoon, the only things we had planned were our flights in and out, our car reservations, the 1st night stay in auckland, and our ferry reservations @ wellington. the rest we did as the days unfolded.
and thats how we usually travel. I figure staying in an all inclusive place we could go out and about as we want...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
and thats how we usually travel. I figure staying in an all inclusive place we could go out and about as we want...
That depends on where you go.......Jaimaca doesn't encourage out-of-resort travel, as does many places in Mexico city and parts of Cancun. Banditos and whatnot prey on touristas. That's mainly why we chose the location we did. Obviously it's not true of all places in the Carribean, but we like to explore and get out and hang with the locals......not get stuck in an all-inclusive eating the same food everyday, seeing the same fat people from North Dakota, drinking the same watered-down drinks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
:stupid:

I think the first night's hotel stay is a very important point. My wife & I flew into Rome for our 4-month Euro holiday and didn't have reservations. It is a pain bothering to find a hotel when you're jetlagged all to Hell.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
narlus said:
if that's what you want to do, then staying @ an all-inclusive is a waste of money.
not really .. if you drink.. its worth it.. i could easily have 10 frozen drinks by a pool during the day.. that would run at least $100 per day you are there. all inclusive is the way to go.. you dont have to worry about the money.. sit by the pool and drink you'll make up the money in 2 days

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
not really .. if you drink.. its worth it.. i could easily have 10 frozen drinks by a pool during the day.. that would run at least $100 per day you are there. all inclusive is the way to go.. you dont have to worry about the money.. sit by the pool and drink you'll make up the money in 2 days
:drool: @ 10 frozen adult drinks a day....

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
:drool: @ 10 frozen adult drinks a day....
dude like no joke.. eveytime the waitress came around... including in the pool.. we ordered another drink.. 10 a day is a minimum!!!! make friends with the bartender.. throw him $20 the first day.. you will be treated like a king for your whole stay..In Costa Rica tips are not expected.. you usually only give a tip for execptional service

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
dude like no joke.. eveytime the waitress came around... including in the pool.. we ordered another drink.. 10 a day is a minimum!!!! make friends with the bartender.. throw him $20 the first day.. you will be treated like a king for your whole stay..In Costa Rica tips are not expected.. you usually only give a tip for execptional service
do they dance or something?

Seriously neither Aubrey nor I have ever been to a tropical resort of any type. Heck we've never even been to a resort before.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Get married on October 15th and do Ireland with us. :D 17 days, baby! 17 whole days in Ireland! Just think of how much Guinness you could drink in 17 days! :drool: