Quantcast

Recommend me a riding DVD

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
My wife watches these stupid friends re-runs non stop and I cant take it anymore. Please recommend a riding DVD so that I can put an end to this nonsense.

For reference, I have "Quick & Dirty" and "Kranked 5" and like them both....

Thanks!

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
jimmydean said:
Collective and Roam are both very well done and have a high re-watch value.
Thanks for the reply....also, thanks to you and FBTMILF for not being idiots.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
New World Disorder II has an awesome section with Nico Voillouz (sp?) in it. The Collective is good. Manifesto is so-so.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The "extras" section of Roam has a track called "Singletrack" that is awesome. The music and shots fit very well and make me want to ride. I watch it on the train, then hit the Forest Park trails on the way to work.

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
I just bought roam and the collective, they are definetly different than the chain reaction movies I've watched in the past. The photography is amazing, actually amazing is sort of an understatement.

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
All the Kranked series is awesome, the Red Bull Rampage Box Set is great, Drop In series on DVD is good too, because you can watch one episode at a time, Earthed (1,2 and 3), and I liked Hella Greasy a lot. But of course, ROAM and the Collective are probably my favs right now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jim Mac said:
Earthed I, II and III. Great filming, great music.

i just snagged Earthed 2 the other week. the riding and filming blew me away. the music left something to be desired. so i mute and put on my own soundtrack. OH and its almost 90 minutes long. FTW!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I've got the collective and roam - they are great for me b/c the wife loves the way they are shot, the scenery, and even the music. that measn she'll watch them with me!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Slugman said:
I've got the collective and roam - they are great for me b/c the wife loves the way they are shot, the scenery, and even the music. that measn she'll watch them with me!
My wife, like myself, grew up listing to a lot of punk, so she loves the Earthed series - awesome to watch riding to the Damned or WC races to the Jam!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Jim Mac said:
My wife, like myself, grew up listing to a lot of punk, so she loves the Earthed series - awesome to watch riding to the Damned or WC races to the Jam!
I grew up (mid 80's) on the punk rock/hardcore scene in Boston, however the wife grew up in Miami dancing to Salsa and Merenge...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
jonKranked said:
murphy's law baby! remember toxic narcotic? :love:
For better or worse, Murphy's Law is still together...playing in Albany on 10/27...I saw Toxic Narcotic in Providence in the mid 90's.....meeeh....

Just watched Earthed I again last night and I thought the Rezillo's "Top of the Pops" worked really well with the World Champ MTX scenes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i saw murphy's 2 summers ago at the warped tour 10th anniversary show in Boston. along with H20's first performance in nearly 3 years. :D

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
jonKranked said:
murphy's law baby! remember toxic narcotic? :love:
Used to hang with them, TREE, Bezerker, The Bruisers and a few other local bands who's names i've forgotten by now... ahh the good old days.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
psychobiker said:
roam was over hyped badly i was pissed when it was done.. pick up a copy of mountain bike uk its got a free copy of anti-gravity...great vid
I didn't really like Anti-gravity. Seemed like Earthed 3 in slow-mo.

My reccomendations are the Earthed series, the Collective and Roam. And NWD 2 holds a special spot in my heart, also.