Quantcast

Recommend me some gifts for my lady

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Christmas sucks.

Buying for me is easy. I have hobbies and love beer.

She has no real hobbies and doesn't eat bacon.

She's easy going, any gift makes her happy.

What I'm looking for are small and maybe fun gifts. quirky coffee mugs, towels with funny sayings, a bowling ball with my name on it, etc. Useful items.

I always get her the same dumb stuff and I'm looking for suggestions. Buying online is preferred.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
You people seriously suck at this game.

so far I have insulated slippers, cow shaped slippers and a artsy looking coffee tumbler in my amazon wish list.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
sunglasses? watch? something under $100, with a short lifespan would be ideal.
for most women, being hit or miss creatures, most things that are expensive, or last long arent worth it.

dont go with expensive handbags or jewerly.
a few years ago, i bought a really expensive handbag for my wife, then girlfriend.
she has used it like 5 times over the last 3 years. she has like 20 of them. the leather is not even broken in yet.

another time, i brought her some mikimoto pearl-on-white-gold earrings, straight from the mikimoto store in tokyo.
she was like "meh" when she got them, telling me "my friend got some pearls for like $10 each in hawaii!!!"

Last edited:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Go to a nail salon/Spa and find out how much a Brazilian is, then buy her a gift certificate for that exact amount. She'll think "32 dollars is an odd amount for a gift certificate" until she goes in and reads the prices for everything.

You'll thank me later.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Last two gifts I have hit home runs with (and I usually bunt every time), were as follows:

This first one is ugly, cheap and she's worn non-stop for two years straight around the house:

REI Booties: http://tinyurl.com/bvjwkjp

Queen size electric blanket for our bed. Each side has it's own thermostat, so I have NEVER turned my side on and hers is on 365 days a year.

Last edited: