Quantcast

Recommend me some grillable dinner

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
last night we had chicken breasts, bean salad and veggie skewers.
very tastey.

gimme some ideas for tonights dinner. something somewhat simple, somewhat healthy and grillable.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Jamacian Jerk Salmon

2 fresh salmon steaks
Jerk marinade
Garlic cloves
Butter
salt
pepper

• Place Salmon Steaks on a sheet of aluminum tin foil
  • Place garlic cloves around salmon - 1 or 2 for slight garlic flavor, more for stronger flavor
  • Place 2-3 pats of butter on each steak, depending on size of steaks
  • Add a pinch of salt, pinch of pepper
  • Coat liberally with Jerk marinade

Wrap foil around steaks forming a large pocket - don't wrap the steaks tight. Grill over medium heat until done/flakey. Excellent with wine.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've been making turkey burgers on the grill lately. Man are they good.

1 pound ground turkey (I use 1.25 pounds)
1/4 cup chopped up hot banana peppers
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped up mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all together and form four burgers out of it. Good stuff!

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Do this in the morning.

Get a pound of ground beef, form 4 burger patties out of them. Soak the patties in 1/2 cup of soy sauce and 12-16oz of your favorite beer.

In the evening, grill them.

Serve as hamburgers.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
BBQ corn: soak in water for 20 minutes, grill with the husks on for 20 minutes.

Tri-Tip would go well with the corn too

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
spam

(so I can have five characters so that it will take the post and not give me the annoying. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.)

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Now here's what you wana do son. Getchaself a nice 2-4 lbs of porterhouse steak. Stab the sheit out of it with multiple forks. Really tenderizes that angry meat.

Now getchaself a skillet. Getchaself some real butter. Farm fresh organic. Not that carcinogen laden bs they sell at the supermarket. Makes all the difference too. Don't let the butter getcha down either. Remember when people use to eat bacon, eggs, butter, toast and home fries every morning for breakfast. Nobody was fat back then. But that's another conversation.

Now getchaself some real blue cheese. Not the supermarket brand, but some good stuff. Saute about 3/4 to 1 stick of that nice butter in the skillet and add the blue cheese. Saute like 5-10 minutes while your angry meat is grillin.

Add a little ammount of sea salt. Not the poor excuse white bleached, chloronized carcinogen laced salt. Salt ain't white folks, contrary to popular belief.

Now cook ya steak, throw on the sause, and you'll be a happy man.

Also, don't program your food with "Ima get fat if I eat all this"

EAT IT, ALL OF IT. DON'T BE A FOOL AND SUCCUMB TO THE EVILS OF MASS DIETING MARKETING.

I started doing the tibetan 5 rites exercizes about 3 months ago. I eat about 3 free range scrambled eggs a day. I eat tons of meat, bacon, I eat lots of spincach, cooked in bacon grease. The minerals in the spinach can't be absorbed in your body when boiled in water. Cook that sheit in bacon grease and you'll get all the minerals

Switch to a real salt. Eat some nice farm fresh tomatos. Eat some bananas.

I eat like a horse, do my 5 rites and I'm a stealth 170lbs at 6'0 and my somach is as hard as a rock.

So, eat ya meat, eat ya veggies like ya ma told ya and eat plenty of animal fats too.

Knuckle

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
great suggestions everybody......

1. mushrooms are not food.
2. fish is yucky
3. I don't eat beef
4. corn isn't really cheap enough for me to want to buy right now....

:D

when I do grill corn, I don't soak it though. I just put it right on the grill. never had a problem with it catching fire or anything.

we do turkey burgers usually about once a week or so.

I'm leaning more towards chicken casadias on the grill. mainly because I just remembered we have a whole cooked chicken and tortillas in the fridge....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Get some catfish fillets, Tony's Cajun Seasoning and a bottle of liquid smoke.

Wrap your grill with aluminum foil, place the catfish on top, season with the Tony's and apply liquid smoke.

Grill fish on both sides until done.

Pop open a beer and enjoy!

:drool:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
N8 said:
Get some catfish fillets, Tony's Cajun Seasoning and a bottle of liquid smoke.

Wrap your grill with aluminum foil, place the catfish on top, season with the Tony's and apply liquid smoke.

Grill fish on both sides until done.

Pop open a beer and enjoy!

:drool:
And here is your catfish to get the fillets from....

You better be hungry that's 124 lbs of fish.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
pnj said:
when I do grill corn, I don't soak it though. I just put it right on the grill. never had a problem with it catching fire or anything.
Soaking is so it steam cooks in the husk, the husk can burn all it wants, its just there to trap the steam. MMmmm corn!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Zark said:
Soaking is so it steam cooks in the husk, the husk can burn all it wants, its just there to trap the steam. MMmmm corn!
steam cooks, eh?

maybe i'll give it a shot when corn starts showing up in the stores again, for cheap. 75 cents each right now... I'll wait until it's about 4 or 5 for a buck.

that's a giant cat fish up there..^^ how old you think that thing is?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
awesome... I just got a grill last week - definitely looking forward to this!

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
the Flat Iron Cut Steak!!! I'ts so damn good and plenny lean. I suggest nailin it with a soy based marinade for a couple of hours, but make sure u pat it dry when u grill it. You never want to cook steak "wet," always dry.

EDITED PORTION
I see you dont eat beef or mushroom and you dont like fish. Christ your picky and missin out on a lot of good food. O well, to each his own.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
pnj said:
great suggestions everybody......

1. mushrooms are not food.
2. fish is yucky
3. I don't eat beef

I'm leaning more towards chicken casadias on the grill. mainly because I just remembered we have a whole cooked chicken and tortillas in the fridge....
Damn, man... you're missin' out on some mighty fine eatin' then... SDH and I once grilled up some nice filet mignons at Plattekill one race w/e... that smell will draw people out of their tents. :devil:

We did chicken quesadias at P-kill as well. Easy, quick and tastey.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Ian F said:
Damn, man... you're missin' out on some mighty fine eatin' then... SDH and I once grilled up some nice filet mignons at Plattekill one race w/e... that smell will draw people out of their tents. :devil:

We did chicken quesadias at P-kill as well. Easy, quick and tastey.
I have ate so much beef in my lifetime that my colon stopped working... :nope:

I'll eat it on occasion, but it's not often.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
pnj said:
I have ate so much beef in my lifetime that my colon stopped working... :nope:

I'll eat it on occasion, but it's not often.
That's why I only eat filet mignon. I dont' eat steak very often either, so when I do, it better be worth it! :drool:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'll be grilling a pork tenderloin that I have rubbed with cracked peppercorns and grilled potatos. I slice up some red potatos, add some diced onion, fresh garlic, a little olive oil, red pepper flakes and wrap it all up in some foil. I forgot to grab asparagus on the way home so I am thinking we'll just have a garden salad with it.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
TreeSaw said:
I'll be grilling a pork tenderloin that I have rubbed with cracked peppercorns and grilled potatos. I slice up some red potatos, add some diced onion, fresh garlic, a little olive oil, red pepper flakes and wrap it all up in some foil. I forgot to grab asparagus on the way home so I am thinking we'll just have a garden salad with it.

sounds tastey.

I like to take large potatoes, cut them into 1/2 inch thick slices or so, coat with oil and grill them just like that. salt/pepper and whatever spice flavors sound good at the time.

if done right, you get crunchy outsides and fluffy insides.

asparagus on the grill is tastey too.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
pnj said:
sounds tastey.

I like to take large potatoes, cut them into 1/2 inch thick slices or so, coat with oil and grill them just like that. salt/pepper and whatever spice flavors sound good at the time.

if done right, you get crunchy outsides and fluffy insides.

asparagus on the grill is tastey too.
I haven't tried the potatoes that way, but I definately will!