-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
tires for my Taco:

BFG A/Ts (what i currently have)
Bridgestone Dueler Revos
Yokohama Geolanders

looking for a tire that is pretty much an all-arounder, with not so much emphasis on off-roading. the rocky road, or 2, when helping my dad deliver appliances, but mainly city streets, and highways.

i have liked my BFGs, but as the tread has worn, the wet traction has gone down quite a bit. more than i would expect, and a lot more sudden than i would expect. they've felt good on the road, i've never experienced any jitters when driving, and i've never had any problems off-road. i've had a few nails lodged in the tires, as well as 2.5" long piece of wood in a sidewall, but have never had a flat.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
didnt we have this converstation when MBC bought her pathfinder?
my research:

if you arent doing any hard core off roading, get the revos. They handle a bit better on the road than the BFGs, but off roading they arent as good. if youre just going to be driving to the bike trail head and dealing with a bit of dirt, then the revos are fine.
from my research

dry road
REVO > BFG

wet road
about =...maybe REVO >= BFG

snow
BFG >= REVO

dirt
BFG > REVO

rocks
BFG >> REVO

sidewalls
BFG > REVO

mud (they both arent great)
BFG > REVO

tread life
BFG >> REVO

For my Jeep, the marginally better on road driving was not worth the tread life and ~$30/tire price difference. In a 30x9.5x15 (my Jeep size) the Revos were about $130 and teh BFGs were right around $100 per

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've used the BFGs and the Dueler ATs (but not the newer revos). IMO, the Duelers are FAR superior to the BFGs on road. The BFGs were slighly better in the snow, but the duelers were much better in the rain, were quieter, and lasted longer by about 10k miles. Both were adequate off-road.

The Revos are supposedly even better than the ATs I had... for me, it's a no brainer... Duelers all the way.