Quantcast

Recommend Some IPAs

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Toby, lets get together soon and I will bring you down to the beverage warehouse in Winooski.

IPA is my specialty!!!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Abita Jockamo IPA
New Glarus Hop Hearty IPA
Bells Two Hearted when I want something hoppier

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Off the top of my head....

*Any* Sierra Nevada IPA, six packs or the 22oz seasonals.
Victory HopDevil
Smuttynose (the regular "Finest Kind" IPA, plus the DIPA that BadDNA mentioned)
Thomas Hooker Hopmeadow
Stone IPA
Berkshire Brewing Lost Sailor IPA
LaGunitas (sp?)
and yes, Titan IPA :rolleyes:

...to name a few. I love IPA's. I love double IPA's even more. I have not found very many of either that I don't like.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
Harpoon Brewmaster series double IPA is awsome
Dales Pale Ale-( not sure if its actually an IPA- But whats the difference between a pale ale and an IPA anyhow?)- it is super hoppy and delicious- my go to beer these days...
Smuttynose IPA

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Bear Republic Racer 5 is probably the best.

other good ones:

Stone (various, including Arrogant Bastard and Levitation)
Victory Hop Devil
Dogfish 60 and 90 Imperial IPA
Smuttynose (very underrated, probably better than dogfish imo)
lagunitas IPA

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
Lots of decent IPAs out there. Afraid I drank something that was amazing and sadly most pale in comparison....
One was from Pizza Port which they do not appear to make any longer plus I can't remember the name exactly... Sad really, by far the best I've had.
The other is Russian River's Pliny the Younger...not the Elder.
Those two for me, were hands down the best.
After that I really enjoy Troeg's Nugget Nectar. Aside from that, homebrewed ones.

Although I still drink many others, hard to turn down an IPA unless it's old....

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I picked up a Smuttynose Big A IPA the other night before I read the recommendations in this thread. Enjoyed it tonight and . . . AWESOME!!!! Going to get more tomorrow.

Rufus - Let's meet, and spend some money and split some 6-packs!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
+1 for the Stone Ruination
Maharaja
Hercules Double
Ninkasi Tricerahops
+1 for Hop Stoopid
anything by Avery
Lost Coast Indica
I could go on and on.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Abita Jockamo IPA
New Glarus Hop Hearty IPA
Bells Two Hearted when I want something hoppier
Nice, recommending a beer that's not sold outside of WI... :rofl:

My personal favorite IPA this summer was Ale Asylum's Ballistic, but that disappeared off of the shelves relatively quickly I spent the rest of the summer drinking the Hop Hearty you mentioned above.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Squatters Hop Rising (far and away my favorite IPA, 9% double...dunno how easy it is to get out of Utah though)
Stone Ruination
Lagunitas IPA is always solid
Bear Flag Racer 5
Squatters IPA

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Nice, recommending a beer that's not sold outside of WI... :rofl:

My personal favorite IPA this summer was Ale Asylum's Ballistic, but that disappeared off of the shelves relatively quickly I spent the rest of the summer drinking the Hop Hearty you mentioned above.
I always forget they don't distribute outside the state. Good on them for keeping all the good beer here! :thumb:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Lots of decent IPAs out there. Afraid I drank something that was amazing and sadly most pale in comparison....
One was from Pizza Port which they do not appear to make any longer plus I can't remember the name exactly... Sad really, by far the best I've had.
The other is Russian River's Pliny the Younger...not the Elder.
Those two for me, were hands down the best.
After that I really enjoy Troeg's Nugget Nectar. Aside from that, homebrewed ones.

Although I still drink many others, hard to turn down an IPA unless it's old....
Redbones in Davis Square, Somerville, MA has Pizza Port IPA on tap. Had some last night, delicious.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Squatters Hop Rising (far and away my favorite IPA, 9% double...dunno how easy it is to get out of Utah though)
Stone Ruination
Lagunitas IPA is always solid
Bear Flag Racer 5
Squatters IPA
I was really pleasantly suprised about the Hop Rising, I would reccomend it as well. I'll add in Deschutes Inversion IPA, good stuff.

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Storm Brewing Hurricane IPA... Unfortunately no bottles... makes me want to get a permanent tap installed.

Apr 8, 2009
Santa Rosa, CA
Seems like alot of people like the Bear Republic Racer 5. They also make a limited release double IPA called Racer X. GOOD STUFF! And to think that their brew pub is right down the road from me. If you're ever in Nor Cal, you owe it to yourself to visit Bear Republic.

Check out their brews!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Seems like alot of people like the Bear Republic Racer 5. They also make a limited release double IPA called Racer X. GOOD STUFF! And to think that their brew pub is right down the road from me. If you're ever in Nor Cal, you owe it to yourself to visit Bear Republic.

Check out their brews!
I got some racer 5 last night, not bad.

Stone Ruination is really tasting good right now.