Record companies hate you

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stevew, Dec 31, 2007.

1. stevew

stevew unique white person

Rep/Likes:
    242 / 2,271
    really

Narlus better keep his secret santa mix cd's on the down low.

After seeing that ladies list of songs she got busted for, she should be ashamed.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Pretty crazy. But I don't see how that will hold if you could legally make a cassette copy for personal use.

3. manimal

manimal Ociffer Tackleberry

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 13
    what a crock. the record companies are just trying to go out with a bang. so they're saying that if i buy a cd and then rip it to my portable mp3 player i am now stealing? i bought it...i paid for the rights to that cd to use as i please as long as i am not taking profit away from the RC.
    and they wonder why people don't get their tunes legally; if they're gonna sue you for doing it legally, why not get it for free :disgust:

4. JohnE

JohnE filthy rascist

Rep/Likes:
    146 / 634
    Screw em, I have done it, let them come and find me. I will go out like Butch and Sundance...

5. pinkshirtphotos

pinkshirtphotos site moron

Rep/Likes:
    16 / 31
    is there currently anyone sitting in jail because they refused to pay the fines?

6. DirtyMike

DirtyMike Turbo Fluffer

Rep/Likes:
    54 / 625
    I couldnt have said it better myself, Since when is it legal to sell Technology that is Illeagal to use??? I mean really, I bought the music, I can rip it to My Ipod if I want to. Were the Hell does the Industry get off saying you cant do that. I know It just might come back to haunt me, But When I buy a new CD I come ohome, Upload it to the Ext HD, make a copy and put the original back in the. Listen to them as long as I like, when they get torn up, I toss them in the shredder. That Or I load up the MP3 and go. Isnt that what all this new tech was made for???

7. dump

dump Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 177
    I read about this... manimal is spot on. I wasn't sure they could sink any lower, but they somehow have. I hope they get BLASTED in court.

8. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    How about illegal to sell when legal to use?

I'm referring, of course, to women.

9. narlus

narlus Eastcoast Softcore
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    16 / 21
    the labels are in a state of denial the likes of which have never been seen.

read bob lefsetz' newsletter if you dig this sort of thing. he's an ex-insider w/ a good view into things.

10. kidwoo

kidwoo Celebrating No-Pants Day

Rep/Likes:
    152 / 1,453
    Oh...........hark..........I hear the sweet weeping of a dinosaur........

11. syadasti

syadasti i heart mac

Rep/Likes:
    64 / 291
    Engadget claims they are suing for the illegal downloading, not ripping:

12. ire

ire Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    1 / 4
    why don't the record labels adapt instead of fighting tooth and nail for a dying system? Do they honestly think lawsuits are going to bring record sales back up?

13. Silver

Silver find me a tampon

Rep/Likes:
    9 / 0
    The labels want it both ways. They claim the CD is a license, but if that was the case I sure missed the agreement on the outside of the package.

If a CD is a license, then it should be legal to download a copy of music that you have the physical media for, right? All I know is that I bought a ton of music when I was a poor college student and Napster was in it's prime, because I was exposed to so much more stuff that I otherwise would have been.

Now I have the money to buy 20 times the amount of music, but I don't, because I'm happy with my collection of 500 or so CDs and I frankly don't have the time to find new stuff. I maybe buy 5 CDs a year, and those are pretty much all artists that I've bought music from in the past.

14. stevew

stevew unique white person

Rep/Likes:
    242 / 2,271
    When this

is representative of what you are selling, why are they shocked no one is buying records?

Or that they don't want to pay for it.