Quantcast

Recovered my bike from a paint sniffer

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Two days ago we rode and when I got back to my apartment building I threw it in the bike rack in the laundry room. My bike is a crappy old Trek frame SS'ed so I thought it would be no big deal.

So last night I am on my way to Kroger for groceries after being gone all day and I see my bike leaned up against the coke machine with a bag hanging on the handlebar. I am just sort of standing there with my mouth hanging open and a cop gets out of a car behind me and is heading into the store. So I am like

"Escuse me, I live about 4 miles from here and this is my bike." He was like "Yeah?" and stood there. Then I explained I didn't ride it there.. I told him I could give him receipts and stuff if I needed to and pointed out some of the unique parts, ect.... He said hold an a minute, slapped his cuffs on the rear wheel & cs and told me to wait and see if anyone came out for it, went into the store to call it in or something. He came out like a second later and said, "you know, what, just take it, I didn't see anything."

So I thanked him and threw it in my truck (by the way the bag on the bar was full of the cheapest crappiest cans of "specifically for huffing" white paint you could buy)

As I am pulling out I see a guy some out of the store and wander around aimlessly, asking people where his bike is. I realized it is the brother of one of the trashy ****stains that live in my building. I said "hey, you looking for a bike? And the bastard says, "Oh there it is" and starts to walk towards the back of my truck to grab it!

I said, "You know who's bike that is, mother****er? He goes, uuuuuhhh, yours?" I said "**** right it is"

AND THEN, the guy goes (get ready for this)

CAN I GET A RIDE HOME?

I said, **** no, what are you on paint? Next time, I'm gonna **** you up." Then I left.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
You should have sprayed his face Casper-white with one of his own cans so that the po-po could identify him, then put the can back in the sack and nunchucked him in the head with it! :mumble:

Well...actually, you did the right thing but it's fun to fantasize, right? :D

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
the best part is my trek is geared 32-16 with brand new panaracer knobbies, so I know the bastard really must have really wanted that paint to ride the ****ing thing almost four miles on the road....

hell I should have just MADE him ride the damn thing home!

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
well it looks like I got it back anyways, and you're still a douchenozzle. I win! :nuts:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
stinkyboy said:
If you left your ride unlocked, you don't deserve it back.
Are you joking... I hope so. If not watch out for that Karma Boat. This is what is wrong with people. It's OK to be a thief/drug addict dirtbag :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: Some cop last year told me the same thing AFTER I took an 1 1/4 open end wrench to some drunk who broke into my house. It was OK for him to be drunk and come into my house at 3am, but not OK to defend my home and my pretty wife. Lucky I found the wrench FIRST, and not the 9mm. I bet he curbed his drinking after that beating!!!

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
oh no, not only that, after he finally walked home, he knocked and asked me where his paint was! I told him he could find it in the dumpster. (only he never did, because it wasn't there - but he WAS in the dumpster, so I win again!)

edit: I'm with DHTahoe. But in the future, maybe I will lock it up -- with my springfield trigger lock. Subtle but effective.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
my bad, its one of those cable loop locks that goes through the mag chamber when the slide is open. So I guess thats a "slide lock" The lock body is big and yellow and says "Springfield Armory"

like this:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dhtahoe said:
Are you joking... I hope so.
Do I look like I'm joking?

If you care so little about your ride that you'll leave it in a laundry room, and hope that the world will suddenly turn into the midwest in the 50's then hell yeah, you can't be surprised when some dirtbag grabs it.

And Clancy, since you keep referring to yourself as a winner, I hope the low self esteem situation works out for ya. I really do.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
That's too funny! I can't believe the guy asked for a ride home. You should have dropped him off in the middle of nowhere.

Nevertheless, at least you got your bike back; chalk one up for the good guys...

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
dear stinkyboy,

This shock jock thing you're working on is just really tired. You're not outrageous or insightful, just predictable and lame. I get that you are anti-everything, and I understand the many attempts at "lowest common denominator, M. Night Shyamalan" style irony -- you've made your point and I get it, but please just stop waiting around for everyone to be impressed.

We are all in awe of how unique and different you are, and we love your no-nonsense approach to morality, crappy avatars, and this crazy little rock we are all spinning away on...

But every single time I see some ranting stinky boy post with no point other than to annoy people, its just like opening a door -- to a long, steep, winding upward staircase, that ultimately goes nowhere. Or maybe an escalator... yeah, more like an escalator...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
clancy98 said:
dear stinkyboy,

This shock jock thing you're working on is just really tired. You're not outrageous or insightful, just predictable and lame. I get that you are anti-everything, and I understand the many attempts at "lowest common denominator, M. Night Shyamalan" style irony -- you've made your point and I get it, but please just stop waiting around for everyone to be impressed.

We are all in awe of how unique and different you are, and we love your no-nonsense approach to morality, crappy avatars, and this crazy little rock we are all spinning away on...

But every single time I see some ranting stinky boy post with no point other than to annoy people, its just like opening a door -- to a long, steep, winding upward staircase, that ultimately goes nowhere. Or maybe an escalator... yeah, more like an escalator...[/IMG]
Dear Clancy98, I understand that you wanted everyone to enjoy your witty little story about recovering your lame Trek, but I think it was a BS story to begin with, but even if it were true, I pointed out that you were a moron for leaving your bike unattended and unlocked, rather than patting you on the head and saying "good boy, that'll show 'em". Sorry to deflate your fun.

Regarding my postings and your elevator simile, there is always the ignore option, please exercise it.

Your friend,

Stinkyboy

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stinkyboy said:
Dear Clancy98, I understand that you wanted everyone to enjoy your witty little story about recovering your lame Trek, but I think it was a BS story to begin with, but even if it were true, I pointed out that you were a moron for leaving your bike unattended and unlocked, rather than patting you on the head and saying "good boy, that'll show 'em". Sorry to deflate your fun.

Regarding my postings and your elevator simile, there is always the ignore option, please exercise it.

Your friend,

Stinkyboy
DDDAAAYUUMMMM...puttin the smack down...I think the same could be said about a few others here on RM...:think:

disclaimer: in no way do I support or negate such allegations against clancy98...:D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dhtahoe said:
Some cop last year told me the same thing AFTER I took an 1 1/4 open end wrench to some drunk who broke into my house. It was OK for him to be drunk and come into my house at 3am, but not OK to defend my home and my pretty wife. Lucky I found the wrench FIRST, and not the 9mm. I bet he curbed his drinking after that beating!!!
how long did it take for curb hucker's skull to heal?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
"Can I get a ride...?" Now that's funny. That is so classic I'd almost be tempted to give him the bike, just because. Almost.

I hate how people justify crime by saying the victims somehow brought it on themselves. You've got to be responsible, and shouldn't be surprised when an unlocked bike gets stolen, but that doesn't excuse the crime.