Quantcast

red anno and black, what color

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
so my new street bike is uncolored as of now and im trying to figure out a good color combo that will go with the small red anno bits i have currently on the bike. any suggestions? I was thinking possibly some sort of bright green or a deep orange. anyone got any suggestions?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
if you are for sure going with red, i think that raw or polished would look best, but orange or purple would be right behind it. i'm not a fan of blue and red or green and red, it's patriotic or christmas.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I was gonna go with a candy gold and red metal flake with red bits.... opted for polished with red and gold.
Not what you're looking for, but it will give you some ideas as to what looks like what... This is already too busy for me now, looks like a race car. I think I'm going candy rootbeer and gold decals/components in the spring...

I seem to like my hardtails CLEAN. No decals, two colors, done.
My STD is stripped, polished and flat gold. Those pedals came off and I put the flat gold mag lo-pros on...

I think polished and red bits would have been sweeter, but I had this stuff laying around. Also, my frame is aluminum, so much easier to polish, you'll need some clear PC and still might have issues with spot rust under the clear...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
brad and i talked about this about 3 times in the past 2 days and settled on something nasty. completely undone on any street/dj/bmx bike. now the dropouts just need to be made.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
murder it out. all black. flat black. delogo everything cept a headbadge. and do ano red alienation rims. that'd be rad
hey grom-dom, ServeEm wouldn't be too happy with you sellin' out his steeze now, c'mon. haha...

wish I could get my hands on some of those alienation runaway rims... don't know where to get some.

dexter, I'm saying woodgrain. Lightwood. Or hey, go with some white/grey/brown birch bark. and the red action would set it on fire.
Caveman is where it's at, serious.
We've seen Easter happen, we've seen nascar, we've seen the ultra bling diamond necklace stuff, we've even seen the ku klux klan rise and fall on bikes, and now the cuban links hanging in the hairy chest 80's look coming on strong...
keep it fresh, no re-runs.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
well it everything is getting dipped in woodgrain, good call satori. exactly what brad and i talked about. now painted rear rim? chrome? ano?

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Chrome it Dexter.

Woodgrain sounds amazing.
Maybe have the front rim ano red?

Think, woodgrain, ano red stuff, ano red front rim, chrome rear rim, everything else black/chrome...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Someone needs to explain this woodgrain look to me. Ano or what? Is it just a solid color...or does it look like the side of a 78 station wagon??
station wagon all the way. I've been pushin' if for awhile now on the ol' forums.
Fixie mashers have been doin' it for a bit now too, on their Deep V's and what not... actually just using "contact paper" that you buy at the local supermart for laying down on shelf-tops and in drawers... like a giant sticker you can cut to shape and slap it down. Mosh has a woodgrain pattern sprocket that is pretty cool too.
Or check out calfee bikes for the real thing, haha, bamboo is cool too.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
station wagon all the way. I've been pushin' if for awhile now on the ol' forums.
Fixie mashers have been doin' it for a bit now too, on their Deep V's and what not... actually just using "contact paper" that you buy at the local supermart for laying down on shelf-tops and in drawers... like a giant sticker you can cut to shape and slap it down. Mosh has a woodgrain pattern sprocket that is pretty cool too.
Or check out calfee bikes for the real thing, haha, bamboo is cool too.
Satori

Your gonna make me let the cat out of the ole bag.

Were useing a HydroGraphic printing process to apply the woodgrain finish to everything on the bike , cept the rear rim , chain , cogs , spokes and tires
This is the same process the MOSH woodgrain components were done in . We also have a few other "finishes " in the works too.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
ano red parts go nice with john deer green frame, just keep any other non red parts black.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I just popped a load in my tighties... WTF?? I assume that BR is airbrushed, no? Would prob be fairly easy actually, it's just 4 colors... I've been needing something slightly more ninja for trailbuilding. I'd need something more like Mossy Cottonwood for around here, though!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, killer post there Joe, very cool stuff!
...except I don't know what's going on with that little rocket on the downtube, made of clear bricks with two marbles in it... haha. would look so much cleaner without it. And I gotta say, whoever cut out that crank arm went cross-grain, it's gonna snap in just a few strokes! ;)
Cool how they made the cnc'ed parts of the frame look like actual parts mated to the wood.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Adam Hauck's bike was done in shelf paper. The bottle rocket frame pictured is airbrushed , the process were using on Dex's new bike and out 08 production frame is a ink/die process were the frame is dipped throught a sheet of soild ink and coats the frame in a full 3d printing process . It's also more durable than powdercoat!!

Here's what i had in mind for Dex's bike , rich Mahogany

or something like this

They also have "burl wood " patterns

They also have cool patterns and Name brand camo's like mossy Oak :shocked:

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Adam Hauck's bike was done in shelf papap. The bottle rocket frame pictured is airbrushed , were the process were using on Dex's new bike and out 08 production frame is a ink/die process were the frame is dipped throught a sheet of soild ink and coats the frame in a full 3d printing process . It's also more durable than powdercoat!!

Here's what i had in mind for Dex's bike , rich Mahogany

or something like this

They also have "burl wood " patterns

They also have cool patterns and Name brand camo's like mossy Oak :shocked:

damn, I think I lost my bike already!
can you do mossy oak in purple and gold? hahaha... for hunting season.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
damn, I think I lost my bike already!
can you do mossy oak in purple and gold? hahaha... for hunting season.
There a few varitions you can do , with base color and color of film applied to the frame .
They also have some crazy camo's that look like BAPE camo colorways :lighten:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
That Mohogany is ill, but I'm fully diggin the lighter Burlwood.
****, this sucks! I missed the wagon on this one! I Was looking for something different, and didn't really even know about any of this. I had made a joke to my buds about lathering mine in the camo duct tape that I put on all my shovel/rake handles, but knew it would SUCK to take off after being in the sun for a summer! And I can't get contact paper to stick to SHELVES...
Good for you Dex. Let me know when it gets old for you so I can have a turn at it. Poachin trails here is tricky at best. Camo shovels, camo bike=good.