Quantcast

Red Bull Bike Battle Pics

rvlacich

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
Maryland, USA
First off, please don't ask me about who these people are, or what the results of the competition were. I didn't pay much attention to the big scheme of things because I was taking cool pictures of cool moves. All I can remember is that Aaron Chase got third place. I'm not a great photographer, but hopefully somebody will enjoy these pics. If you want the originals in full 3 megapixel size, shoot me a PM. These are the best ones out of the 100 or so that I took. Enjoy!

The "Death Drop", as the announcer called it. Nobody stepped up until Seth Lolli tried. By the final rounds, basically everybody was nailing it.

This is the pic that I wish came out better. It's a flip-whip.

This came out good. Nice game-face too.

Pretty cool one.

This dude didn't compete, but he was totally ripping on his BMX whenever the riders weren't going.

Goofy face.

Got at least a dozen pics of people throwing 360s, so I chose one for you.

Chase on top of the big drop before the comp started. He wanted to find out if they'd move that cable.

Mmmm... Pike....

Looks like Lenosky wants to kill me?

Bunch of people threw 540s off this. I think the highest air was 14 feet.

At least two people did tailwhips over this (Yes, tailwhips, not whips).

Footplant!

X-Up

This dude stopped on top during practice and tied his shoes. It was entertaining at the time...

Unlike the normal "playing to the judges", this guy played to the crowd. I would have tried to talk to him, but he was from the Czech Republic and I only heard him speak Czech.

The trials guys all tried to stomp down on the car.

I just like this pic. He wasn't doing anything really impressive, but it's cool.

Eying the drop

Hitting the drop

360 X-Up

Trials rider from Japan. He did some really cool flatland-ish stuff, but I wasn't ready to snap some pictures. He also hopped onto the bed of the flatbed truck (4+ feet!) Check the pic above with the BMXer if you want to see the truck.

These two guys ended up on the ramps under the drop at the same time, so they sprinted toward the big jump, and ended up doing it together.

Backflip

Something I don't know the name of

Nothing!

Aaron Chase on the massive wall ride. The picture is terrible, but you get the idea. He's the only one that attempted this.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Nice pics, man. I'll have to resize mine down and post them up. We spent most of the comp over on the other side by what they kept calling the "dirt corner". Got a ton of pics of guys pulling sh!t off those red bull quarters onto the dirt and a bunch of the guys launching over the "BC bridge". (Actually I'm in one of your pics standing there looking like the schlub that I am.

Thanks for those pics of the "death drop". We never made it over there to that side of the comp.

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
That "nameless bmx'er ripping the course" is BMX legend Nate Wessel. You better recognize and respect that guy.

Nice pic's...

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro

i was waiting for chase to pull this all day... wallride oooover the tunnel! :thumb:

great event, got to meet a lot of very cool people!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
peter6061 said:
Nice pics, man. I'll have to resize mine down and post them up. We spent most of the comp over on the other side by what they kept calling the "dirt corner". Got a ton of pics of guys pulling sh!t off those red bull quarters onto the dirt and a bunch of the guys launching over the "BC bridge". (Actually I'm in one of your pics standing there looking like the schlub that I am.

Thanks for those pics of the "death drop". We never made it over there to that side of the comp.

I was standing right at that up against the wall the whole time, funny how many monkeys were around and i didnt even know it...

rvlacich

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
Maryland, USA
I'm glad you guys/gals like the pics. I was wearing a red Marzocchi hat and a gray hooded sweatshirt. Right now, I'm regretting not taking a pic for Biggins. I was worried it would have been a little too obvious, but it was a nice one. By the way, were any of you guys in that noisy group sitting on the storage trailer?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
nope. i was being noisy right next to the dirt corner, pretty much the whole day, stood right next to the frenchies standing on the wally :angry: so noone could see...

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I was standing right at that up against the wall the whole time, funny how many monkeys were around and i didnt even know it...

ya i bet there were alot around, i was the tall guy with a whit bros black t-shirt on, with some kakki(sp?) shorts with a silver skate lid cliped onto my belt loop. I was chillin the whole time in the rider/media pavilion and in the sandpit. My bike was sittin over in the redbull tent

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
im still working on my album..I was on top of the container too reppin charm city with fleet crew until one of the endless guys (super radd btw) gave me they're VIP pass....HOLLA!