Quantcast

red bull bike battle

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I saw bike battle in a 2004 interbike demo dvd. Its such a cool idea. Trials, jumping, street, in one. I want to see it. It would be perfect for TV.

I hope your not right about it happening.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
ugh. that is so stupid. bike battle was what got me into REAL mtn biking in the first place. i got my first bike, and headed up to watch it in 03. that sucks arse that it is no more. i know lots of pros loved it. i wonder why its done?!?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
This topic has basically been beaten to death on the board in the past. Red Bull typically does events like the bike battle and rampage for a few years then drops them to keep everything fresh for marketing purposes. The closest thing to the battle is going down at Rays park in cleveland on feb 4th called the 3ride, Check it out:

http://www.raysmtb.com/

There will be some big names at that...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
jet said:
The Redbull Bike Batle was a rip-off of the Asheville Urban Comp.
The original is still the best.
Check the south forum for pics fromT-pirate.
Who cares if it copied someone else if it was a good event? The bike battle seemed pretty cool to me, just one more way of combining different schools of riding.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
jet said:
The Redbull Bike Batle was a rip-off of the Asheville Urban Comp.
The original is still the best.
Check the south forum for pics fromT-pirate.
Copying events isn't bad. That means more events. There's nothing wrong with events influenced by others; that how mtb comps evolve.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
In my opinion, the last Asheville urban comp sucked. Tetters and dirt berms set up in a parking lot? Not all that great...but I did like the Budget moving truck wallride. The comp between the courthouse buildings kicked ass, though.