Quantcast

Red Bull Flugtag/Tempe

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
That looks cool. And whoa, there's one coming to Maryland this fall. Maybe I'll have to build something. <-- yeah right, but it would be cool to watch.

Enjoy yours in Tempe. I don't know who has the worst water, Tempe Town Lake, or Baltimore Inner Harbor. Neither sound appealing.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
peter6061 said:
I don't know who has the worst water, Tempe Town Lake, or Baltimore Inner Harbor. Neither sound appealing.
Ha!

I saw some footage of a bunch of BMXers jumping their bikes in. Maybe I'll have a few drinks and try a backflip on the Stinky!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
stinkyboy said:
Ha!

I saw some footage of a bunch of BMXers jumping their bikes in. Maybe I'll have a few drinks and try a backflip on the Stinky!
I don't think I'd try it on anything you actually want to keep. I think most of that is done on 'lake jump' specific bikes. Just go get a POS bmx bike out of the trash and ditch any cables or hand brakes. I guess a coaster brake is okay. The thing's gonna get trashed anyway, so condition is not really an issue as long as it rides.

Build a small kicker and have fun.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
It may have been cool if they were bike friendly, and the bridge was opened for spectators, but instead Red Bull closed down the best possible viewing spot (forcing people to enter the gates to see anything) and even took bottles of water/gatorade from people as they entered the gates. Hey Red Bull, this is a desert and those were two sorry ass moves that left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Just like Red Bull!