Quantcast

Red Bull Rampage is Back!

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
didn't say when it is.

anyone know if you can film it or doesn redbull control that stuffr?

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Many details have yet to be finalized, but the big-mountain freeride contest that dramatically altered the freeride landscape is scheduled to return to southern Utah in early October
probably sometime in early October

dhzion

Monkey
May 4, 2008
Mighty Zion
Wow, I've heard nothing of this locally. Last I heard the land management was done with it, curious to see the new spot, guess I'll have to bug Bendy.

And it's been do quiet here the last years.....:banghead:

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
"The lower section is trickier; there are mounds of dirt everywhere that we can really shape into little lips. But the idea is still to keep this a big-mountain event, not just turn it into another slopestyle contest"

Thanks GOD!!!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I explained this happening and showed some footage of Bender, etc. to the roadies at the office.

:coldandfrightened:

:biggrin:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Early OCT as mentioned. There is NO spectator access this year and only very limited media access. They don't want it to turn into a gong show of press again. Should be great with less people dotting the hillside in my shots!

First year I have actually been excited to go. The new course is flowey and "rideable" I am told, not a huck fest.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Woo freakin hoo!

It looks like they are letting spectators at the events, only with a few stipulations. From Sicklines.com...

Here’s the official word on spectators for the Red Bull Rampage taking place October 2nd - 5th 2008. Spectators are welcome, but there are stipulations. Read the details inside.
Red Bull Rampage features the world’s greatest riders tackling the most intense terrain any contest has offered – no novices here. The same applies for spectators; this event is not for casual observers. The new Red Bull Rampage venue was chosen for its ability to challenge the riders and push their limits, so it is remote, hot, dangerous, and unforgiving.
Should you choose to attend, free parking is located at the intersection of Highway 9 and Camino Del Rio St. (approximately one mile east of downtown Virgin, UT). No transportation from the parking lot to the venue will be provided. From the lot, it is four miles to the contest venue over uneven desert terrain that you will either have to hike or pedal. If you ride it, you’ll need to check your bike at the on-site bike valet once you reach the contest venue, no exceptions. Spectators will be required to stay within designated viewing areas at the base of the course near the finish line – no exceptions. No pets will be allowed, and non-adult spectators are not recommended. If this sounds harsh, that’s because it is; this isn’t a mountain resort, this is the desert. All on-site rules and requirements are necessary to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
If you decide to attend, pack plenty of water, snacks, sunscreen, extra layers of clothing, basic first-aid gear, and a flashlight/headlamp as no provisions will be available on-site. In other words, treat it like an unsupported weekend ride with your buddies. Just think ahead, be smart, and come prepared!

I will be selling Monsters in the desert for $12 a can!