Quantcast

Red Bull Rampage Qualifier Results

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
qualilead.png
Here are your top 12 moving into finals to join a selection of prequalified athletes...some major crashes today, gusty winds and people sending it left and right made for awesome action.
---

Red Bull Rampage Qualifier Results

1. Cam McCaul
2. James Doerfling
3. Kyle Norbraten
4. Antoine Bizet
5. Brett Rheeder
6. Nico Vink
7. Ramon Hunziker
8. Brendan Howey
9. Martin Soderstrom
10. Pierre Edouard Ferry
11. Casey Groves
12. Brendan Fairclough

Notable athletes missing the cut were Joyride champion Thomas Genon, racer Mick Hannah, big mountain rider Garett Buehler, and Mike Hopkins. Below is a list of the riders who were fortunate enough to be able to skip the gauntlet that is qualifying.

Prequalified Athletes for Red Bull Rampage Finals

Gee Atherton (may not ride, ankle injury)
Darren Berrecloth
Logan Binggeli
Thomas Vanderham
Cam Zink
Kyle Strait
Kurt Sorge
Alex Prochazka
Brandon Semenuk
Tyler McCaul
Geoff Gulevich
Andreu Lacondeguy
Robbie Bourdon​

So the rider list is complete for Sunday, and we'll see some of the world's best riders battle it out for the crown of Red Bull Rampage champion. Do you think it will be a racer? Smooth style or one massive huck for the win?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Pilgrim bent his front wheel in the qualis and ate ****. Bummer. Also a Bummer sick Mick is out.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
CMac and Doerfling just kind of killed that place.

That canyon jump must be a little bucky at that speed if Cam McCaul feels like he needs to bar hump it a bit. At least they finally built a landing for it.

I hope zink doesn't kill himself.

Last edited:

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
That canyon jump must be a little bucky at that speed if Cam McCaul feels like he needs to bar hump it a bit. At least they finally built a landing for it.
He crashed it nose heavy the night before, compensation?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
He crashed it nose heavy the night before, compensation?
For sure. But if you look at both clips of his first AND second run at it, it looks a little sharp.......which means it's a pretty bad jump to consider flipping. But then again, it's also big enough that you've got enough time to just deal with the lip and start your pull afterwords. I don't know.......I've only hit small things and used the lip to rotate. At 60 something feet you just might be able to do it all in the air. Pretty gnarly though. Zink is all checkers or wreckers so I'd love to see him do it. I just don't want to see the guy paralyzed because he's stubborn.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Part of me considers this contest to be a bit gruesome...

I guess I'm just getting old. I suppose that most of these guys would be out doing this anyway...

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
whats up with the judges!?
In my opinion its too heavily weighted in favor of tricks and on terrain like this I think tricks look out of place. There's enough slopestyle/street/dirt jump events, this should be the one where big mountain riding is rewarded.

The McCauls runs have been 1 & 2 so far in my book.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What's up with the drooling judges? Did someone from the mccaul family kill your puppies or something?

It's like no one wants to admit that will white rode that oakley drop on a freakin karpiel better than all the famous guys.

Cam and Tmac got friggin robbed.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
What's up with the drooling judges? Did someone from the mccaul family kill your puppies or something?

It's like no one wants to admit that will white rode that oakley drop on a freakin karpiel better than all the famous guys.

Cam and Tmac got friggin robbed.
agreed.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
what happened to fairclough? I thought he qualified 12th?
Tweaked his knee and decided to sit out the finals.
Red Bull had links to their twitter pages on the main site, he said he was bummed he would have to miss the finals, same with Gee.