Quantcast

Red Hook Late Harvest Autum Ale!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I picked up a six pack of this new Red Hook Late Harvest Autumn Ale and I give it two Monkey Thumbs Up.

I think it would also get the IAB seal of approval.

I think I'm gonna finish this one off and have another. :thumb:

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
That just looks tasty. Isn't it a little early for late autumn harvest right now though?

Is it kind of spiced up like some of the winter seasonals, or what is it about it?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I don't know.........there isn't much info on the label about the brewing process. I guess they just let the taste speak for itself.

Damn good!

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I've been pounding the Red Hook Blondes lately. Too soon for Harvest brews imo but I'll have to throw one back in a month or two. Looks like it'll require a visit to the Red Hook brewery to see about getting it on nitro or cask.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dogwonder said:
Is that the wet hopped beer? Using hops straight off the vine?
that's what i think it is; just read an article on 'wet-hopped' beer in the WSJ yesterday...i was thrown off by the 'late harvest' tag and figured it was some sort of oktoberfest, which are generally too malty for my tastes.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
that's what i think it is; just read an article on 'wet-hopped' beer in the WSJ yesterday...i was thrown off by the 'late harvest' tag and figured it was some sort of oktoberfest, which are generally too malty for my tastes.
I'm pretty sure SN does a Harvest Ale that is wet hopped, but I'm not up to speed on my hop harvesting seasons. I'd love to try it though.