Quantcast

redbox to switzer

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
did that ride for the first time this weekend and it was a blast :clapping: pics should be here as soon as J sends them to me. anyone else like doing this run?

we did the whole run from redbox to jpl. there are some big flow killers after you hit switzer and it can be a death-hike-a-bike at times. in the future, the shuttle from redbox to switzer and back is the way to go. i'm down for that run any time. just call it out and i'll be there.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
did that ride for the first time this weekend and it was a blast :clapping: pics should be here as soon as J sends them to me. anyone else like doing this run?

we did the whole run from redbox to jpl. there are some big flow killers after you hit switzer and it can be a death-hike-a-bike at times. in the future, the shuttle from redbox to switzer and back is the way to go. i'm down for that run any time. just call it out and i'll be there.
Yeah..I've done that a few times a couple of years back but after doing the standard Wilson I just preferred to do that. Your are right though, the section from RB to Switzers does flow. I'm trying to get something goin ie Wilson, BB, Noble, Sjt. How's this; a couple of RB to switzers then Wilson standard...we'd need some cars though.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
dude, that would be an awesome combo. who's got trucks?
i can get 3 bikes in my ride.
J1 can get a big load in his tuck (we've almost had 10 in there)
J2 can go with 2
G likes that run and he has room for 3 or 4

who else is interested?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'm down for a shuttle this weekend. Are they trails pretty tame or do they require more than a XC helmet?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Is this the ride that parallels the Angeles Crest for part of the way. Not the Merrills to Sunset loop correct?
Thats correct. RB is where the road to Wilson Observ. starts and Switzers is the first campground on the way back down.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
wilson shuttle tomorrow. meeting at JPL parking lot at 8:30. if enough show and we can work the shuttle, we will work in a red-box to switzer first.

feel free to call if you are interested and want to meet up (i may not be back online for the night) - 310-913-3902.

tomorrow i'll be in a white xterra and riding a white and purple bottlerocket.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
as usual, a solid group of monkey's! it was good getting to ride with such a strong group.........and looking foreward to next time (with less climbing)