Quantcast

Redbull Rampage 2013

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Went yesterday. Pretty BA time.
Here are some photos. I think L took all of these (edit-yes, she did). I only got cell phone pics & some gopro footage I havent dumped.
Yall prolly know who the riders are, I sure as hell don't.

Last edited:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Good write up TN :think:
I'm pretty sure everyone knows what happened. Dude's rode their bikes off cliffs & flipped & ****. :D
Pretty cool time had by all. The only person I recognized was Sal Masekela. Weather was nice too until the winds picked up.
Will prolly go next year too.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will be watching the replay after work today. Looked like it was pretty bad ass based on what pics I have seen.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I will be watching the replay after work today. Looked like it was pretty bad ass based on what pics I have seen.
What was so cool was, you were on the course. There were no spectator areas. We were literally standing at the edge of a drop that the Frenchie (dont know his name) hit & did a 360 off of. was pretty sick!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've always liked the idea behind it. A start, a finish, and a ton of random crap and various lines in between. Riders choice.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I think I might try to go out next year. It would definitely be fun to see and get in some riding out there. I want to check out King Kong and Flying Monkey.

I still can't believe CZ backflipped that ish.

Last edited:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I think I might try to go out next year. It would definitely be fun to see and get in some riding out there. I want to check out King Kong and Flying Monkey.

I still can't believe CZ backflipped that ish.
the level of riding is insane now. when i last paid attention to the FR scene, it was all about huge drops & road gaps. no tricks what-so-ever. Very cool event. I would say go for sure.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
the level of riding is insane now. when i last paid attention to the FR scene, it was all about huge drops & road gaps. no tricks what-so-ever. Very cool event. I would say go for sure.
:stupid:

It's awesome to see dudes back-flipping drops that 10 years ago Bender/Krispy would dead sailor and land 1 out of 10 times.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
They should do Throwback Rampage next year, where they build all the same lines, but ride bikes from the 90s.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I was on the lip of that drop when he hit that. just standing there looking down made me dizzy.
talk about cajones grandes!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Must spread rep. I have a pic somewhere of Wade doing a huge road gap over that truck. I think it was a Marzocchi ad or something.
It's in NWD3, and the cover of the box. Still have my Wade autographed VHS box sitting at home. :thumb: That dude has more style, flow and balls than anyone I know....even had the pleasure of riding with him once. Still my favorite rider to this day.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I cliff jumped into water from about 50 feet and that took some working up to. Even after I did it the first time, it didn't get any easier to jump.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I liked that one:

Jesus, I wouldn't even hike that route on foot! Love the guts, love the passion, love the SKILL. Admittedly, I know next to nothing about xsports but I can appreciate the commitment and risk these athletes take, and it's clearly not about the money or endorsements. There is grace in what these people do, as dangerous and seemingly reckless as it appears to those of us who don't.

"It is when we act freely, for the sake of the action itself rather than for ulterior motives, that we learn to become more than what we were. When we choose a goal and invest ourselves in it to the limits of concentration, whatever we do will be enjoyable. And once we have tasted this joy, we will redouble our efforts to taste it again. This is the way the self grows." - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi