Quantcast

Redding XC Ride

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am going to Redding in the next few weeks to visit a sick relative. Can anyone recommend a challenging XC ride, about 15-20 miles? Nearby is cool if it is a great ride.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw a Redding/Whiskytown site, and they recommended the Recliner trails. It was about 12 miles, but considering I can't expect my family to pick me up, a road ride back should make for a long day.

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
ive heard whiskeytown lake riding is the best riding to be done up there. A few of my friends have gone, get ready to do some serious climbing ( followed by some serious descending of course! )

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
Wiskeytown is the best place to ride in Redding. I used to live there and rode all the time. Recliner IS a sweet trail. There are other trails closer to town, though if that's what you're looking for.

There are a few trails off of the Sacramento River Trail that I used to ride that are pretty cool.

A couple bike shops that could be of assistance to you are Chain Reaction (behind the Post Office off of CHurn Creek Rd.) and Sports Cottage (off Marina Dr.).