Quantcast

Reddish Knob round 2

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BIRDMAN111 said:
Its alright ive got some gear from my uncle. some mx stuff, but its nice. thanks though

I'll bring it anyway...MX stuff is awesome, but to heavy and too hot, but it's your call...

I'll have it with me...

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
................__.(__)..__
...............(__)l.....l(__)
...............l.=.ll..=.ll.=.l.__
...............l....ll.....ll....l(__)
...............l.=.ll=.=ll.=.ll.=.l
...............l....ll.....ll....ll....l
......__......l.=.ll=.=ll.=.ll.=.l
.....l].........l................ll.=.l
……l…...)...l......................l
……(…..(_/.......................l
…….................................l
………...............................l
………............................../
………….._......................./
…………...l.....................l

This hand is going to be slappin all the bad weather away for tomorrow to ensure we have a great time....WA-HOO!!!!

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
sirknight6 said:
I'll bring it anyway...MX stuff is awesome, but to heavy and too hot, but it's your call...

I'll have it with me...
its not heavy at all. its this mesh webbing stuff with pads attached on the shoulders and elbows. one of those back supporters zips on the back so it wouldnt be too hot or heavy. i thought id bring it any way.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BIRDMAN111 said:
its not heavy at all. its this mesh webbing stuff with pads attached on the shoulders and elbows. one of those back supporters zips on the back so it wouldnt be too hot or heavy. i thought id bring it any way.

Cool....look forward to the ride....

Woody, mud rain, riding? Welcome to the east coast brotha!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Good night fellas. going to try and get to sleep. I hate how during the week Im tired by 9 and want to sllep till noon then soon as the weekend hits its the exact oppisite. See you guys in the morning

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
wood-dog said:
................__.(__)..__
...............(__)l.....l(__)
...............l.=.ll..=.ll.=.l.__
...............l....ll.....ll....l(__)
...............l.=.ll=.=ll.=.ll.=.l
...............l....ll.....ll....ll....l
......__......l.=.ll=.=ll.=.ll.=.l
.....l].........l................ll.=.l
……l…...)...l......................l
……(…..(_/.......................l
…….................................l
………...............................l
………............................../
………….._......................./
…………...l.....................l

This hand is going to be slappin all the bad weather away for tomorrow to ensure we have a great time....WA-HOO!!!!
................................. _____
..........................----- ------..._____
------------------..................!.......!(_____)
.........................................../......../(______)
........................................ -___-..(______)
---------------- ______..............(______)
..................................!____........____ /
...........................................-----/
how bout a fist?

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
denjen said:
Good night fellas. going to try and get to sleep. I hate how during the week Im tired by 9 and want to sllep till noon then soon as the weekend hits its the exact oppisite. See you guys in the morning
yeah your tellin me. on the weekends i wake up early, but never want to get up for school.

maybe its just the school i dont want to get up for.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
So.............................. How was the ride?!?

man I can't wait until I can ride with you guys!
did a bunch of brush clearing, some sections were really overgrown. For me, I had NO strength.

It was the weekend, I was in the mountains, on my bike with a bunch of cool dudes...so, great day! :thumb:

The view from the top is absolutely incredible, 360 view, awesome!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well it would seem that the reason I had such a bad ride is my shock has NO rebound dampening at all, and I rode down on a pogo stick.:mad: :mumble::redhot:

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
glad y'all had a good time

i rode pocohantos (sp?) for the first time

turns out thats where the adventure race was

our team took 3rd in our category, 2 man, asylum course (long course)

i suffered mightily...and i PAID FOR IT!!!

so

where are the pics???

i was too busy racing so i didnt have time, whats y'alls excuse

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
ridetoofast said:
where are the pics???

i was too busy racing so i didnt have time, whats y'alls excuse
We were to busy playing lumber jack to take any pics.

Congrats on the race by the way.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
After talking to Woody, I figured out you guys did wolf ridge. That trail is fun as hell! I wasn't sure if I should take you guys that way the first time as I knew there was one small climb involved. Didn't realize that diversion we took was cali ridge, no wonder we had a hell of a time getting out.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
mud'n'sweat said:
After talking to Woody, I figured out you guys did wolf ridge. That trail is fun as hell! I wasn't sure if I should take you guys that way the first time as I knew there was one small climb involved. Didn't realize that diversion we took was cali ridge, no wonder we had a hell of a time getting out.
yeah, it was a bit tough. The fact my shock was a pogo-stick really made it suck...no rebound whatsoever, and as it turns out, the nitrogen somehow discharged...:redhot: :mad: :redhot: :redhot:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
mud'n'sweat said:

When we rode it, I dont remember any other options we had. From what I recall, we took the only trail down from where we started. Oh well.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sirknight6 said:
yeah, it was a bit tough. The fact my shock was a pogo-stick really made it suck...no rebound whatsoever, and as it turns out, the nitrogen somehow discharged...:redhot: :mad: :redhot: :redhot:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA??????

Ralph has somthing bad to say about his precious new shock?! :D

Seems like you are always blaming equipment. Clipless pedals, different fork, shock............ ever think maybe you just arent cut out for this kind of riding? :D:D

I'm just messin with you man, hope you get your shock all fixed up for next time we can ride!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wannabeabonedoc said:
When we rode it, I dont remember any other options we had. From what I recall, we took the only trail down from where we started. Oh well.
Nah, I was trying to find a route that would be more DH'er friendly for the guys with the big bikes that don't climb so well. We found what ended up being Cali ridge on the topo map but didn't realize that is what trail it was. We just looked for the first left branch off timber ridge after the rock garden at the top. There were no trail closing signs up there and there was still the mile marker for the FR down that trail. They really should mark that trail as being closed because it is impossible to tell to anyone who is not already aware of the fact. I'm going to get back up there in the next couple months and do all of timber ridge. It's been a loooong time since I have done that trail and from what I remember it was absolutely amazing.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA??????

Ralph has somthing bad to say about his precious new shock?! :D

Seems like you are always blaming equipment. Clipless pedals, different fork, shock............ ever think maybe you just arent cut out for this kind of riding? :D:D

I'm just messin with you man, hope you get your shock all fixed up for next time we can ride!
Actually, I solved most of the issues. The rear triangle on my frame is bent, but not bad enough to replace it till next season. However, the shock loosing the nitrogen charge really sucks. Craig at Avy said that it is very unusual.

The clipless after much debate decided to go for it. I used to ride clipless XC, so the only getting used to it is setting the tension on the clipless.

The shock however is a damn mystery since the only way to loose all of the nitrogen is to release it purposely. Weird situation for sure. The upside is is that I can get it charged here at a Motorcycle shop...

Oh well, as the world Turns...:nopity: