Quantcast

Reddit

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The more I use Google search, the more it seems to suck. When look for an answer for something, +90% of the search results are for stores or shit for sale. Pretty useless when actually trying to research something.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The more I use Google search, the more it seems to suck. When look for an answer for something, +90% of the search results are for stores or shit for sale. Pretty useless when actually trying to research something.
I noticed this just last night. Was looking for a blood pressure cuff, and holy shit was it incredibly difficult to find any actual information on anything. Lots of opportunities to buy shit, but not actually learn a damn thing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I noticed this just last night. Was looking for a blood pressure cuff, and holy shit was it incredibly difficult to find any actual information on anything. Lots of opportunities to buy shit, but not actually learn a damn thing.
I have a pretty good one, it's a slightly older version:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I noticed it about two years ago. Quite a lot has been written about it at this point.

It's got it's own weaknesses but I've used duckduckgo which anonymously searches bing, with some google shit past the first results. With a hotkey it also lets you search google.

Neither is as effective as even google was 8 years ago.

Not what you searched, what it thinks you meant to search.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I noticed it about two years ago. Quite a lot has been written about it at this point.

It's got it's own weaknesses but I've used duckduckgo which anonymously searches bing, with some google shit past the first results. With a hotkey it also lets you search google.

Neither is as effective as even google was 8 years ago.

Not what you searched, what it thinks you meant to search.

It isn't just the search companies and algorithms. A lot of the platforms where most user generated content lives has been blocked to maintain a captive audience. Bot generated data that just regurgitates the same clickbait bullshit dominates.

We have passed the golden era of the internet being actually useful.