I emailed Carolyn Hope earlier today and she didn't have any more details.
My guess is that if the appeal does get filed, they'll have to cancel the work party - and they could have to do that at the last minute. So they decided to just put it on hold until this gets resolved.
BTW, if you want to see this project happen, email Carolyn Hope and show your support. Her address is firstname.lastname@example.org so get busy.