Quantcast

Reducing the stable

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
I am looking at my garage and I need to clear some space because I have too many bikes. I'm trying to justify which bikes to keep and which ones get the chopping block to part out and sell. My Cannondale road bike is parted out as well as my Salsa Caballero and my Soul Cycle single speed. I'm going to sell my Blue road bike as soon as I make up my mind what ONE road bike I will own. I am looking at the Scott CF 1, Opera Giorgione, Ridley Damocles, and De Rosa Dual.

I am going to keep my Heckler, Chameleon, Sycip Cross Dresser, and Specialized DH Team. My Turner Nitrous is going to be delivered any day now to be used as my “race” XC bike but I still have my Giant MCM carbon hardtail and I am torn. Do I keep the one bike that I’ve owned the longest and that I consider my baby or do I let it go? I need some guidance in either way.

The MCM

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
RaID said:
thats a sweet ride
coming from a DH guy

why do you need the turner nitrous if youve got this?
Thanks. I picked up a Nitrous because I got a sweet deal on one and that I want a race frame for endurance races.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I say keep it. It's your baby and you'll regret selling it, especially for something as trivial as garage space.

On a side note, it sounds like you've got a hell of a stable. How about a quick rundown? Pics would be cool too, if you've got em.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Jerry, if you love the MCM, don't sell it. I don't care how little you ride it, don't sell it, unless you totally need the money and space. My Dean was my first love and I took it apart when I built up a new dream bike. Now that I've ridden the dream bike for a year, I can't wait to rebuild the Dean (good thing I didn't sell it).

Btw, you free for tacos tomorrow?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
stoney98 said:
if you sell that, I'll personally drive sown there and kick you in the nuts. :nuts:
Ditch the extranneous roadies.
The max you need (one of each):
roadie
fixie (can double as SS roadie - see fli flop)
XC HT
XC FS
SS - mtn
dj - ht
4x fs
mid travel
DH

that's all you need. You have every basis covered. Anything more then that is extraneous.

Ha ha ha, nine bikes is "all you need," that's awesome. This is why I say the monkeys are my people!! I'm at six and counting: roadie, fixie, HT, XC FS, 6X5 light dh playbike, and vp-free big squish.

Anyway, CF, I agree with the others, keep that giant.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
jacksonpt said:
I say keep it. It's your baby and you'll regret selling it, especially for something as trivial as garage space.

On a side note, it sounds like you've got a hell of a stable. How about a quick rundown? Pics would be cool too, if you've got em.
I need to retake some photos of my bikes. A lot of them are out dated. I will post some tomorrow.

reflux said:
Jerry, if you love the MCM, don't sell it. I don't care how little you ride it, don't sell it, unless you totally need the money and space. My Dean was my first love and I took it apart when I built up a new dream bike. Now that I've ridden the dream bike for a year, I can't wait to rebuild the Dean (good thing I didn't sell it).

Btw, you free for tacos tomorrow?
I guess I'm going keep since everyone is telling to.

Andrew, I've been taking some marketing classes at UCI so my Tues and Thurs are booked up. I haven't had Taco Mesa's Tuesday tacos in a while :(