Quantcast

Reebok "Nightmare" 2.0

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So I don't know how many of you monkeys care about shoes at all...but I need a new pair of running shoes, and sure enough I spot that Reebok is releasing the Pump 2.0, which is a revised Pump with the inflator in the heel, so it fills up as you walk, and a pressure valve to maintain 5 psi. Pretty neat, huh?

So they finally get them in at finish line here in Boston, and I go and try on a pair. My old shoes were 10.5, so that's what I try on and get. These end up being too big, so I return them and drop a full size to 9.5. These are almost idenstical to my old shoes, which are a little too small. So I bring these back and get a pair of 10s, which are the perfect size, about a half size larger than my old 10.5's. WTF much? So finally, they fit.

Kind of. The last pair I brought home have a broken pressure regulator or something, and my right shoes fills up so much it's painful. Now I have to return these, for the third time, and probably face the same cashier. I think I'm going to have a seizure.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
God i hope they wont let you return them agian. Those things are ugly. What are you running from any way? You should be on your bike!

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
ioscope said:
Wow

VANS CLASSICS
haha...word
I've got brown ones on right now. :thumb: You should probably call up Reebok and ask the recommended SPV pressure for your weight...set the rebound on the quicker side to get better acceleration. You could probably send that thing into push and get them to custom valve the floating sole for your running type, as well... :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
you'd think with the dismal performance of the Pump v1.0, they would've ironed out all the kinks.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
when they work they're pretty comfortable. Reebok has an elastomer on the outside heel for shock absorbtion, and the uppers are all synthetic and coolmax lined...they're nice shoes...but i just got pwned on the fitment. I can't understand why they run a FULL SIZE large though, that's messed up. I just kind of wanted to bitch, because it's taking me so long to get some new kicks on my feets.

thanks for letting me rant.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ps about the whole ugly thing, these shoes are mostly for running, so I wanted them to be as ugly as possible. there's nothing better than flashy running shoes.

I wanted the pump fury 2.0, but they aren't available in the states, and I'm glad i didn't buy them online, sizing is retarded.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
shoes like that run different, because your supposed to wear them form fitting, i dont know what the rest of you shoes are, but from my experience, skate style shoes run wierd, because there arent ment to be tight and form fitting.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
stevew said:

I run in these.

Wtf.. you're kidding right. What are those.. :eek:

I rely on my old Nike Air Structure. They are the finest i've ever had.

Actually they need replacing after 5 years.

I tried the first Pump Reeboks but they where so hidious that i did'nt buy them. That was in 1994. i could have bought them tax-free at a very low price.

They looked kinda like that Fury.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
WhiteRavenKS said:
if i am running, it's for my life.

though hearing karren o in the new jonze addidas comercial did kinda make me want to get some shoes with three nifty stripes.
is that the commerical where the dude with the medium fro gets out of bed in a dark room and starts running....then runs upside down...and then gets back into bed?
if so, i was wondering who sang that song....i love it! give me more details if anyone knows who the artist/song is.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
manimal said:
is that the commerical where the dude with the medium fro gets out of bed in a dark room and starts running....then runs upside down...and then gets back into bed?
if so, i was wondering who sang that song....i love it! give me more details if anyone knows who the artist/song is.

Yup it's that commercial. Dunno who's singing it. ? But the commercial is very well made.

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
manimal said:
I would also like to know who sings that

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
shoes are like bikes... go get a fitting. I spent an hour in a running store trying on different shoes, running on a treadmill having the lady watch me. She put me in a shoe that was right for me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I did just that...marathon sports here in boston hooked me up with a set of saucony's...nothing fancy, but they're cushioned and they fit, and are supposedly the right fit for my under/neutral pronation

bye bye pump 2.0...maybe when i get cash and need a pair of street sneakers

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ps. as for the song, it's the singer from the yeah yeah yeahs, and a quick googling found me the short version from the commercial for free...

bless this interweb