Quantcast

Refugee Thread

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
****, short, hairy. Despite the fact I'm not in Houston it doesn't bode well for me...

B-O, how is It I know that skit and you don't ? I guess I'm older than you.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I couldn't even begin to post all the PMs and emails I received. Pages and pages of crazy. All about how he was a victim, everyone was against him, how it was my moral responsibility to moderate every time someone cracked a joke at his expense...

He was going to sue for cyber bullying from people who responded to his crazy postings by laughing at him, and sue for slander after he left the guy in the woods and a couple people here said that he almost killed the downed rider by leaving him.

I'd be more inclined to feel bad for him if he wasn't such a harassing dick to everyone around him.
here's how things worked with bighitr.

generally he was pretty mundane. Then he'd post threads about his bikes or something, ask for our feedback on his, typically very weird uncommon atypical, opinions, or bike setup. Then he'd get mad if we didn't reinforce his weirdo opinions. Then he'd get really mad when we called him out on it - ie, "you asked about X, don't get mad when we told you that we have a different opionion you." Then he'd get really pissy. Then we'd continue to heckle him. Then he'd go on some long-winded tirade about some crap barely related to the topic, tell us how we all knew nothing, etc and so forth. At this point, if the thread hadn't been deleted by mods we would continue to harangue him until it was.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sounds like a typical daily routine in empty beer's 29er forum.
its pretty much our MO here. And the majority of the internet for that matter. Basically, he just couldn't handle the internet. The world changed and he got left behind, a relic from a time when disco was in, cars had 8-track players, blacksploitation films were still socially acceptable, and all of the tail that bighitr claimed to get never existed.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Whoa, dude was on some next level ****. Left a dude in the woods for dead, unreal.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255001&p=3844633&viewfull=1#post3844633

I blame that whole incident on teh carbonz

lol
this was all in response to me (among many others) making fun of him for not being able to seal the deal with some flight attendant :rofl:
Unless BV can use his Moderator Magic to pull those threads out of the ether I believe they are gone. I know I worked him like a rented mule for not being able to clean up with an alcoholic flight attendant. :rofl:

For all the Lulz.

My personal favorite, and how he earned his custom title.

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
I'm not a Texan and I'm new.

That Sheen thread kills. Dude brags about banging hot women, doing drugs, getting wasted and hair metal then gets all pissy when someone one-ups him in Hollywood. Hero status.

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
Or more recently, Black Dynomite. It's an amazing blacksploitation satire.

Edit: just noticed this is post #666. How fitting I make it.

Last edited:

Flyin_W

Chimp
Jan 4, 2013
Enjoy the flashbacks of earlier RM times, yet see no relevance to a noob Refugee thread.

How about something current?
Got any new crazy antics you'd like to share?
Unless of course, y'all just entered to re-live your glory days.

Before lashing out, I like it here, am not from TX, have lived in 9 states, and ride dirt often.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sounds like you've been previously exposed to misinformation. ;)

I just enjoyed some wonderful outdoor activities on a sunny 66* day. How about you?

Yeah, practically year-round riding is the pits. :D
Hey man... don't get me wrong. I'm *glad* 25 million people like Texas. Otherwise there would be 25 million Texans... well, somewhere other than Texas. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like you've been previously exposed to misinformation. ;)

I just enjoyed some wonderful outdoor activities on a sunny 66* day. How about you?

Yeah, practically year-round riding is the pits. :D
Get back to us in August. Every location has some seasons better than others but everything else being equal I prefer to have my good weather when the days are nice and long.

marpilli

Chimp
Jul 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Get back to us in August. Every location has some seasons better than others but everything else being equal I prefer to have my good weather when the days are nice and long.
Ha, I'm out riding in August also (biking at high-noon). Indoor trainers are for the weak. ;)

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
About BIGHITR
Biography:I'm an old guy, but in REALLY good shape!

ha! funny stuff.

In more recent RM adventures... I haven't rode my bike in a while.... I'm starting to feel like I should do that some day soon when I'm not skiing :)

marpilli

Chimp
Jul 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
heat exhaustion? dehydration? gamblin' man
It's not bad when you acclimate to it. If I were to just jump in and go riding in August it would probably kill me. But, I'm out riding / running 4-5 times a week all year round. As it starts to heat up I slow down my pace, bring extra water, take breaks (maybe snap a couple of photos), and enjoy the activities. Not that much of a gamble.

As with most things, common sense will go a long way.

Last edited: