Quantcast

Refugee Thread

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Frig!!!! i need to shred gnar but we have a big "melt" coming up that are turning our packed snow trails into babycrap and mush. people are going to ride anyway, and carve up (in a bad way) the trails and wreck them. i wintered out my bike and cant do shyt!
That's what skiing is for!!!

Flyin_W

Chimp
Jan 4, 2013
Why you people tolerate that Eastern $hit is beyond me. :D
Right now, it's for work in DC. The traffic does blow baad ( Boston x2), but the riding is pretty damn nice. Am a skier & paddler too, miss those friends, yet with year-round riding I don't long for cold N.E. winters.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If all you new people find glitter all over your stuff in the morning. I don't have access to the Glitter fairy or the RM Courtesy phone. There is nothing I can do about it. That Glitter may or may not have touched my genitals.... I don't have time to keep track of that stuff......

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If they don't specify what heavy machinery is. Then how am I supposed to know if I can operate it?? I almost certainly think I can...

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
Oh? Do you have random failings of internal organs and parts too???
We consider hers a general malaise. You take the cake in the "my body wants me dead" contest. If TN still had cancer he'd win for sure though.

jdcamb, have you still not gotten in touch with Victor Ward about that glitter? You should try him with Victor Johnson, that might work.

Last edited:

Trail Ninja

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Vancouver Island
We consider hers a general malaise. You take the cake in the "my body wants me dead" contest. If TN still had cancer he'd win for sure though.

jdcamb, have you still not gotten in touch with Victor Ward about that glitter? You should try him with Victor Johnson, that might work.
I'm not getting it again just to win some contest. I'll need a WAY better incentive than that. Say, a hundred bucks?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
quote from one of my friends (yes i have friends): My cat's breath smells like a wh0re's corpse rotting beneath the deck boards of an old fishing schooner.
That makes no sense. Any good fisherman knows that dead whore makes for better bait when fresh.

Sodak

Chimp
Jan 4, 2013
MTBR
Right now, it's for work in DC. The traffic does blow baad ( Boston x2), but the riding is pretty damn nice. Am a skier & paddler too, miss those friends, yet with year-round riding I don't long for cold N.E. winters.
Hey! I live in the D.C. area! And we are going to paddle some Class III-IV stuff on Sunday if you happen to have your gear with you, you should join us.

This is a GoPro screengrab from two weeks ago on the Lower Youghegheny river in PA.

rsz_cucumber_5.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Careful there..... You cannot call him TN for short, We already have a TN..... Its just TN

marpilli

Chimp
Jul 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
invasion and occupation of a campground for a weekend with much wheeled excursions, excessive food consumption and drunken debauchery that usually results in a guest appearance of the local constabulary
Woah, that sounds like fun. When / where are these usually held???

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
location is TBA but its usually in the NE. I've been thinking of putting together a west coast version at Downieville in the Sierras. Just some 5000' verticle feet of shuttled descending on courses ranging from 16 to 23 miles, beer pizza and camping

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
location is TBA but its usually in the NE. I've been thinking of putting together a west coast version at Downieville in the Sierras. Just some 5000' verticle feet of shuttled descending on courses ranging from 16 to 23 miles, beer pizza and camping
This is relevant to my interests... I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Although CA is an awful long way to drive...

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Monkeyfest is a gathering of beer drinkers with a biking problem. Eric has it correct, there is much beer consumed and much drunken debauchery. It is usually held mid-summer, in East Burke, VT at the Kingdom Trails trail network.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Monkeyfest is a gathering of beer drinkers with a biking problem. Eric has it correct, there is much beer consumed and much drunken debauchery. It is usually held mid-summer, in East Burke, VT at the Kingdom Trails trail network.
You've given the noobs too much info already. What if they're just spies from MTBR trying to invade out Monkeyfest traditions?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You've given the noobs too much info already. What if they're just spies from MTBR trying to invade out Monkeyfest traditions?
Nah, we are just a bunch of drama queens and dirty conspirators, basically interboobs criminals working on our next gig. We only invade weak minds and shred them to pieces with neg rep. But now I have given you too much info!