Quantcast

Register to Ride Central Park Freeride

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
FYI for you north kackalackians and anyone else stopping by.

Effective March 1st 2007 per Forsyth Co. Parks n Rec.
Annual Registration is Free.
There will be a mail-in / fax-in registration option.

MORE DETAILS

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
yep signed waiver,
i'm hoping it doesn't catch on...
i'm hoping we can go back to normal IF we can make it through a whole year or without any more teen angst incidents in the park.
But some people just don't get it.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
yep signed waiver,
i'm hoping it doesn't catch on...
i'm hoping we can go back to normal IF we can make it through a whole year or without any more teen angst incidents in the park.
But some people just don't get it.

Really? I thought it was a good idea, and this is why. [I am not an attorney, so a lot of the wordsmithing here could be off base]

Even if was a small nominal amount to ride at a given place, you could put signs up saying it is trespassing to ride without the permit. That doesn't mean you need to be a hardcase and patrol the area, but it does offer some additional protection and bite to law enforcement if you have to ask someone to leave. In addition it could add some layer of protection from injury and law suites.

Ie...
Ok you got hurt riding at X
Did you have a permit to ride X?

If yes, great did you read the waiver you signed?
If no
Did you see the sign that said you were tresspassing etc etc?

Either way, I am still looking forward to getting down there and riding that place this year. And I hope it works out to the liking of the folks building, maintaining and managing that area.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Really? I thought it was a good idea, and this is why. [I am not an attorney, so a lot of the wordsmithing here could be off base]
no you're completely right and there is no way to argue against it

my initial argument was that we are there to build and maintain the trails and have no authority to police the area.
now the Park Rangers have thankfully agreed to do that and have the authority to back it ala citations and/or banning.

I was just hoping everyone would be cool about riding there, be respectful of the opportunity we have there and follow the few rules that have been posted ie. helmets etc...

-------------------------

Central is in Cumming Georgia. approx 40 min. north of Atlanta.

We are planning on a big jump jam ride session august 19th with music / food / demo freeride bikes / schwag and stuff. You guys should try to make it down for that.
I'll keep you guys posted.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
no you're completely right and there is no way to argue against it

my initial argument was that we are there to build and maintain the trails and have no authority to police the area.
now the Park Rangers have thankfully agreed to do that and have the authority to back it ala citations and/or banning.

I was just hoping everyone would be cool about riding there, be respectful of the opportunity we have there and follow the few rules that have been posted ie. helmets etc...

We are planning on a big jump jam ride session august 19th with music / food / demo freeride bikes / schwag and stuff. You guys should try to make it down for that.

Ah you guys have built a really cool place there, near a large metro area. You are setting an example of a lot of things to come. From everything I have seen and read it is an excellent example at that.

Can't wait to get down there.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

sounds like a plan! hopefully my brother will still be living in the area so i have a place to stay.