Quantcast

Reign X size large

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I might be getting a new style Reign X frame (2010 or 2011) for AM freeride use. Anybody want to share their thoughts on this bikes sizing. The medium: 18" ST, 23.2 TT and 44.9 WB The Large: 20 ST, 24 TT and 45.7 WB. I am 6'1" and I'm thinking both sizes could work for me. Anybody have experience with this frame???? I have, and will not be able to see the large size before making my choice. I have to make a choice in the next couple days. If anybody had some pics of a large that would be cool.

cheers

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
i'm 5'9 and found the medium to be a little tall and long for me, yet i preferred to use the bike as a mini dh bike, i didnt climb or anything with it. If i wanted to pedal it lots the medium would have been good for me, but as a park bike or fr toy, it was too big. how you ride it makes a difference

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I'm 5'10.5" and I ride a medium 2010 with a 75mm 5 degree stem. If you are between sizes go with personal preference and your primary usage.

I prefer smaller if I am between sizes for AM/light FR bikes like the RX.

Last edited:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
hmmm. It will primarily be a trail bike for me, but also be used for some freeride when I feel like it. I have a DH bike so it will only be going down when its pedalled up first. The large might be better suited. It just seems like there is a pretty big gap between the medium and the large.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
If you buy a 2010 Giant has a revised linkage they will send your local dealer for free.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
If you buy a 2010 Giant has a revised linkage they will send your local dealer for free.
I heard about that. The frame will be a warranty replacement from Giant so If I go with that bike I'll get them to send me the revised linkage with it.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
i have a 2010 reign x, size large @ 6'2'', 65mm stem.

i would suggest sticking a 1deg angelset/works headset in there though.

really love the bike. its a rad trail bike that you can push and ride very hard, but still hang with the %' crowd on the ups. I have played with a few shocks on the bike, and if you can get one, i would strongly suggest a vivid air. perfect for the bike. \ RP3 and DHX air are both a little under gunned on the bike IMO.

they build up pretty light (mine is @ 30.2lbs with a 1x10 setup), and really climb great for a 170mm travel bike.

strongly recommended. a great trail bike for a DH'er imo.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I'm 6' and the medium 2010 Reign X fit me really well with a 60mm stem for freeride/jump. Had I trail ridden it more it certainly would have used a 70mm stem.
I my Trance X and Reign were also mediums if that helps indicate that I still trail rode a medium Giant frame.