Quantcast

@#! Rejection Friday GMT #!@

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Got up. Got 2 emails about being rejected for 2 side jobs inside our international structures because fuck you for not working in HQ (seriously if they think someone who was advisor to 4 most important media CEO's for half of yurp for 8 years is not a good choice for an advisor for mid level media execs they are eating crazy pills). So i'm a bit angry, some other project that looked like a big opportunity seems to not materialize and I am slowly getting bored with my new jurb. I could maybe optimize 2-3 things but after that there is nothing new to do... It's only been 8 months but at least the pay is good and I get unlimited home office.

Also I got Pneumonia. Didn't get to my regular doc so when I asked the sub doctor if I'm cured she said I am because I don't have symptoms I never had (ffs). I will need to contact the other guy to be sure. Also aderall is doing shit for me besides making me feel like I mainlined crushed coffee beans.

On the bright side maybe I will get some insurance money. If the lawyers won't screw up I won't have to pay for my mum to fly here to testify so maybe new endurpoo bike? Also going to Berlin in 2 weeks which will be awesome since that's the best city.

The other good news is my aunt has bought a hotel on a perpetually warm but not hot island with mountains so if I get endurpoo bike I get free lodging in a good endurpoo place. Will probably go scouting for trails next month.

What's up with you monkeys?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
still losing weight, so i got that going for me. lightest I've weighed in like 18 years...woot

still searching for a taint compatible saddle.

got some gnarly shit coming out of my sinuses...yay cold number 7001234 this year

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
Yeah yeah. We get it. COskimonkey.com. well if you guys can make it up. Sounds like a lot of closures and avalanche warnings. But the powder looks primo

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You guys get snow? I'm in a country associated with freezing winters and we had 1 day of snow. It melted right away. The higher mountains got snow but most of our hills are around 3000 feet so they get shit too. FFs I remember snowboarding in October and December-Feb being -30C. Now its -1 to +10 and no snow.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
mid 30s this morning and near 70 by mid day. Coffee is kicking in nicely. Went to the fly fishing club meeting last night. they had lots of good eats and a raffle. I won a $50.00 Amazon gift card. nice score,

work looks easy. should be done just after 3pm WIN

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You guys get snow?
"
EMERGENCY CLOSURE
I-70 closed in multiple mountain locations: Avalanche Control work will keep I-70 closures in place through late morning. Travelers heading to the mountains this morning will see multi-hour waits as crews blast avalanche paths and remove the resulting debris. It is STRONGLY advised that traffic wait in Denver or other locations until the roadway has officially reopened.

Heavy Mountain Snows expected through Saturday with persistent west/northwest winds. NWS is projecting the possibility of up to 2 feet of snow in areas such as Eisenhower Tunnel, Berthoud Pass, Vail Pass, Cameron and Rabbit Ears Passes and the Grand Mesa with diminishing totals for southern mountain ranges. Front Range and lower elevations: Additional snow possible through Friday possibly moving east to the plains. Winds may cause issues with blowing and drifting. TRUCKERS: Chains or alternate traction devices will be required for mountain travel. Mountain/Ski Traffic: Expect traction laws to be in place, your tires are your responsibility. DRIVERS MUST BE PREPARED FOR EXTENDED CLOSURES, EXTREME WEATHER AND HEAVY TRAFFIC ON I-70, US 285 AND OTHER MOUNTAIN ROUTES. THERE WILL BE EXTENDED CLOSURES ON I-70 AND US 40 FOR AVALANCHE CONTROL FRIDAY MORNING AND THE POTENTIAL FOR CLOSURES THROUGH THE WEEKEND. "

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I was cramming for my face to face today and went down a crazy ass rabbit hole. I will need to go back through what I did to figure what I did. I learned a lot, but there is a lot going on, holy hell.

Did you know they have package managers for Windows now? 'cause I fucking didn't. But I learned a lot about Chocolatey last night. Shit got worse from there.

I have a kubernetes cluster running on virtual box with Helm and deployed Mongodb.

If that shit makes sense to you, you got a leg up on me. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"
EMERGENCY CLOSURE
I-70 closed in multiple mountain locations: Avalanche Control work will keep I-70 closures in place through late morning. Travelers heading to the mountains this morning will see multi-hour waits as crews blast avalanche paths and remove the resulting debris. It is STRONGLY advised that traffic wait in Denver or other locations until the roadway has officially reopened.

Heavy Mountain Snows expected through Saturday with persistent west/northwest winds. NWS is projecting the possibility of up to 2 feet of snow in areas such as Eisenhower Tunnel, Berthoud Pass, Vail Pass, Cameron and Rabbit Ears Passes and the Grand Mesa with diminishing totals for southern mountain ranges. Front Range and lower elevations: Additional snow possible through Friday possibly moving east to the plains. Winds may cause issues with blowing and drifting. TRUCKERS: Chains or alternate traction devices will be required for mountain travel. Mountain/Ski Traffic: Expect traction laws to be in place, your tires are your responsibility. DRIVERS MUST BE PREPARED FOR EXTENDED CLOSURES, EXTREME WEATHER AND HEAVY TRAFFIC ON I-70, US 285 AND OTHER MOUNTAIN ROUTES. THERE WILL BE EXTENDED CLOSURES ON I-70 AND US 40 FOR AVALANCHE CONTROL FRIDAY MORNING AND THE POTENTIAL FOR CLOSURES THROUGH THE WEEKEND. "
YOU BUY THAT TRUCK YET

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Didn't get to ride last night, at work extra early.

Hate my life.
Early in early out? I get here by 6, most folks get here at 9, some 10. There is one guy who works 10:30-3ish and doesn't work from home. He's been here 15+ years and clearly hasn't given a fuck in some time.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
You guys get snow? I'm in a country associated with freezing winters and we had 1 day of snow. It melted right away. The higher mountains got snow but most of our hills are around 3000 feet so they get shit too. FFs I remember snowboarding in October and December-Feb being -30C. Now its -1 to +10 and no snow.
Basically no winter in Europe this year. My roses are growing, spring flowers are up and leaves on bushes.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I am starting to suspect that the entire concept of social media is toxic.
:stupid:
He says, on a social media platform.

No more Jeep thralls?
It was never about being in thrall. For all the shit I got/gave about Jeep ownership, it was fun to drive, it took me everywhere I wanted to go, in any weather, it was actually remarkably reliable up until about the last year, and most importantly, it was paid for. I got 18 good years out of it, but it was time to let it go and get something more suited to my life now. I try not to be emotionally attached to things, but I kind of miss it to be honest. I just wasn't willing to spend the time or money to keep it up, and it was horrible on gas. It was 21 years old and time had caught up to it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I follow him and he follows me, how is it creepy? Strava is at the very least something where majority of people that you interact with on there are doing something ya'll have in common and enjoy doing. Unlike other crappy things like Facebook, Twitter etc etc...
i twas kidding son....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:stupid:
He says, on a social media platform.

It was never about being in thrall. For all the shit I got/gave about Jeep ownership, it was fun to drive, it took me everywhere I wanted to go, in any weather, it was actually remarkably reliable up until about the last year, and most importantly, it was paid for. I got 18 good years out of it, but it was time to let it go and get something more suited to my life now. I try not to be emotionally attached to things, but I kind of miss it to be honest. I just wasn't willing to spend the time or money to keep it up, and it was horrible on gas. It was 21 years old and time had caught up to it.
i secretly want one of those jeep pickups they used to make....or a kaiser M715A