Quantcast

@#! Rejection Friday GMT #!@

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i secretly want one of those jeep pickups they used to make....or a kaiser M715A
There was a Scrambler that popped up on Facebook the other day. I keep looking at than new Cummins 2.8 and just think that would be perfect for it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Doggo has a busted knee. She goes in for surgery next Thursday. Boo to that.

In other news, my bicycle is now in my possession. Its gonna need a little love, so hopefully when this weather breaks there shall be riding!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
crazy wind last night knocked out power, in addition to cable/internet which was already out. schools closed due to downed trees and flooding all over the place. i foresee much chainsawing on the local trails during le weekend. herr twitler is in town for some sort of shit today, adding to the street closures. FTS.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
17" in 24... that should ski well.
Ugh, being the good son and taking Mom to the doctor for Ebola/AIDS and missing the Bridger powder "rush hour" (i.e 30 min drive instead of the normal 20)

LOTS ARE FILLING UP...
Please carpool and use the Park 'N Ride lot at the fairgrounds on Oak Street. Thanks!

36" wed->fri:

5" last night
21" night before
10" night before

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, today is a cluster!

But tomorrow will be perfect smooth sailing? Right, guys? Guys?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
crazy wind last night knocked out power, in addition to cable/internet which was already out. schools closed due to downed trees and flooding all over the place. i foresee much chainsawing on the local trails during le weekend. herr twitler is in town for some sort of shit today, adding to the street closures. FTS.
The brevard weather thing on my phone has had a bigass red exclamation mark on it for a while.. hope yall dont float away!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just got a note from a recruiter "hey, you wanna go work at the bank?" I said "they tossed me under the bus, so you might want to check with them first".

The manager in St Louis loved me and is a reference. But that isn't the hiring manager, I am guessing.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
It would probably be quicker to go to DIA, catch a flight to SLC, rent a car, and drive from that side.

Edit: Maybe GJT
Hwy 6 is closed. They're letting hazmat trucks through the tunnel at the top of the hour but otherwise holding traffic. Google Maps says 285 through Fairplay is the route home were I at Copper now.

Hmmmm. May end up rescheduling lessons and bailing completely on the day. I'll make that call more like 3 PM.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Early in early out? I get here by 6, most folks get here at 9, some 10. There is one guy who works 10:30-3ish and doesn't work from home. He's been here 15+ years and clearly hasn't given a fuck in some time.
5am till 3:30pm so, not really, bright side, I get to come in slightly later tomorrow morning.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I-70 E closed Vail through Copper, and closed at the tunnel. I-70 W closed at Silverthorne until 5:30 PM. 6 closed until tomorrow.

Things will have to look much, much better for me to not call the whole day off.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I-70 E closed Vail through Copper, and closed at the tunnel. I-70 W closed at Silverthorne until 5:30 PM. 6 closed until tomorrow.

Things will have to look much, much better for me to not call the whole day off.
Westbound closed from C-470 to the tunnel. Holy shit, Cotrip.org reads like Shakespearean tragedy right now. :rofl: :rofl:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Westbound closed from C-470 to the tunnel. Holy shit, Cotrip.org reads like Shakespearean tragedy right now. :rofl: :rofl:
Google Maps optimistically thinks 6 through Black Hawk will work, ignoring its own note that I-70 WB is closed until 4 PM at Idaho Springs.

I'm calling it. Rescheduling kids' lessons and not headed up tomorrow.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mornin!

Doggo has a busted knee. She goes in for surgery next Thursday. Boo to that.

In other news, my bicycle is now in my possession. Its gonna need a little love, so hopefully when this weather breaks there shall be riding!
Cheney? That dog has been through the ringer. Like an actual mechanical wringing device.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
So I can't reschedule since it's within 24 hours, and they say unless the roads are actually closed tomorrow I get no recompense, no rescheduling, no refund.

Hmph.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
leave now?
It'd be possible. 3 hours+ via 285. The issue is we have a babysitter scheduled tomorrow morning for the baby.

Maybe I'll float driving up tonight with the two elder girls, leaving wife behind with baby...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am starting to suspect that the entire concept of social media is toxic.
My company created a corporate social media system thinking bit would be good for networking and sharing best practices. It has somehow turned into worse than a YouTube comment section, but without the anonymity one would enjoy outside of work. Hey let's start a hate filled racist argument in full visibility of HR. It has become a hobby for a lot of people to simply watch the shit show.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The girls backed out of skiing tomorrow giving me a bro pass. gonna shred the pow gnar gnar yoyo!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Had an awesome week skiing in Jackson with @Nick and three non-monkeys. Challenging conditions to start, that got better every day and peaked on our last day skiing. Got all the delicious tacos with @rideit last night, at the bar where the Teton Freedom Riders was “founded”. Driving home now, shelled and happy. Zero traffic on US26. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The Law of Inverse Value: the less you contribute to society, the greater the trauma you can sustain with minimal to no physical sequelae, including falls from 3 stories, stabbings (chest, neck, head, slashings to the face), gunshot wounds (chest, neck, pelvis, leg, traumatic arrest (only to be killed 7 years later in a separate GSW incident)), and high speed MVC's, unrestrained, where multiple people in the other vehicle are killed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hwy 6 is closed. They're letting hazmat trucks through the tunnel at the top of the hour but otherwise holding traffic. Google Maps says 285 through Fairplay is the route home were I at Copper now.

Hmmmm. May end up rescheduling lessons and bailing completely on the day. I'll make that call more like 3 PM.
285....fairplay.....kenosha pass......memories....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There was a Scrambler that popped up on Facebook the other day. I keep looking at than new Cummins 2.8 and just think that would be perfect for it.
heard good/bad about those....

would use VW CR TDI....

20200207_165217.jpg

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks for the snow, Colorado! 117 miles of skiing this week. I'm sure you've all enjoyed my STRAVA, Facebook, and Instagram social media pics all week, including today's pic with snow up to my chest. No pics on RM though, but hey, at least it's still cool here.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Not sure what that means, but sounds kinky.
It’s a product intended for veterinary obstetrics, but it has a variety of other practical applications. You don’t want to breathe the dust or get it in your peritoneal cavity. Otherwise, have at it.

You may not want to read the Amazon reviews at work.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Guess I should have read all the way to the end of the thread. Though, I've learned by now that if you mention a thing, and I don't know what it is, to google it at home, or on my phone.
Well. Next time you have a party, get yourself some of the stuff and put it in the “hand soap” container in the guest bathroom.