Quantcast

Related to the family relocation thread

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008118447_webfatalshooting16.html

To add to my answer...

That shooting happened at my wife's nephew's football practice. The gang associated with the shooter were leaning on her car and she had to ask them to move so that she and nephew could get in. The shooting happened as they drove away. The black SUV (getaway car) almost clipped her as she was exiting the parking lot.

So this is also part of the reason I wanted my kids to grow up here.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bah. don't live in federal way. :D
Didn't you know that every street in the US is like that. There is no escape except by moving to Canadia. All of the US is filled with gangs that keep us in fear.

Oh yeah, there's no such thing as private school in the US either.

And no such thing as violence in Canada.

Ireland here I come! :cheers:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
A) I have lived in both places. None of you have, so you have means of formulating a valid comparison.

B) Yes....Federal Way/Kent is pretty crappy....no argument here.

C) In the other thread I did issue a disclaimer that of course bad stuff happens everywhere. This one was just a little close to home, wouldn't you think??

D) Comparing the Greyhound thing to this...I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. One wacked out dude being lumped in with a "general criminal element" , I'm not so sure. The pig farmer notwithstanding of course.

E) Brian, you're an idiot.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I would like to see a graph comparing the frequency of gang shootings in the US vs the frequency of random bus headings combined with hockey/GunsnRoses riots. And the frequency of hockey riots is WAY down in recent years....WAY WAY down. There was only ONE last season.

So take that.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Hells Angels/Nomads went on a spree a few years back that rivals anything happening gang related here in the states. That and the westend of Montreal may not look like an american ghetto, but it sure does act like one.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Fine. The odds of being involved in any sort of violence or criminal act is EXACTLY the same in Canada as it is in the US within 0.000000000000000001%

Oh how I long to move back to the States where I can be free like all y'all....how I envy thee!

Happy?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
The Hells Angels/Nomads went on a spree a few years back that rivals anything happening gang related here in the states. That and the westend of Montreal may not look like an american ghetto, but it sure does act like one.
I think you mean the East end.

This is what's in the west end

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Fine. The odds of being involved in any sort of violence or criminal act is EXACTLY the same in Canada as it is in the US within 0.000000000000000001%

Oh how I long to move back to the States where I can be free like all y'all....how I envy thee!

Happy?
Don't make us send you to re-education camp.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001

Happy?
I reiterate this post. And my mother-in-law feels blessed that she was nearly involved in a gang shooting in the greatest country in the world.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I reiterate this post. And my mother-in-law feels blessed that she was nearly involved in a gang shooting in the greatest country in the world.
Good for her. I council my relatives from Massachusetts and Canada that they need to take a walk on the wild side and visit me here in the crime ridden ROC. I get very few takers. You'll just have to wait until a Wegmans opens near you to understand...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I like how you left out, She was chillin on the corner in the east side with her homies, knockin down a 40...............Beatch.