Quantcast

Remember kids wear your full face... (video)

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
hmmm, I'd say it could have been prevented if BMX bikes actually used V-brakes instead the the "slow you down only" U-brakes

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Yeah it looks like it, he cut it a little too close on the inside and slipped off or something. Looks like a cool wall ride though.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Nasty. I watched a friend of mine break his jaw skiing in high school. It was a hell of a lot worse than that.

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
Never ride without a helmet, our neighbor got hit by a car mtb'ing and is now a quadrapalegic. His brain however is perfectly functioning. Doesn't matter if your just riding down the street, always wear atleast a basic helmet.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Connundrum1 said:
Never ride without a helmet, our neighbor got hit by a car mtb'ing and is now a quadrapalegic. His brain however is perfectly functioning. Doesn't matter if your just riding down the street, always wear atleast a basic helmet.

Excuse me if I am wrong, and I may very well be, but I am under the impression the becoming a quadrapalegic has nothing to do with head injuries, but more to do with spinal cord injuries.......

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have heard bmx photographers encourage riders to not wear helmets, where mtb photo guys will not film you unless you are wearing one.

Not that anything but a full face would have saved that kid...

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
dang.......that's as bad as the faceplant a dude did in the Island Trials video. Just makes you cringe and never want to do anything daring.