Quantcast

Remember the dog story last week?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Well, this is worse.

LouisvilleChannel.com

Of course, this guy was doing slightly more than wagging his tail, he had a three inch knife that he was using to threaten officers. Hands were cuffed behind his back, though.

Why do we even give cops nightsticks anymore? I don't even spray bullets around like this when I play GTA. Bah!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I agree that was overkill (no pun intended), but the guy was just too stupid to live.

"(Taylor) came from the side with a knife with a 3-inch blade, and he was slashing from his hip," Smith said. "An officer attempted to get away, but Mr. Taylor pursued him and continually slashed at him. (The officers) warned him to put the knife down, but he did not. He continued to pursue them. The officer fired one time, and struck him, but Mr. Taylor still did not quit."

"(Taylor) continued to pursue the officer all the way into the corner of the room, where the officer warned him for the last time to drop the knife," Smith said. "He didn't drop the knife. At that point, the officer shot him."

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I feel worse for the dog.

Dude was waving a knife at a cop who repeatedly threatened to shoot him if he did not stop. And he did not stop. um. duh.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Yeah, I am thinking the same thing as ohio. If the officer had room then he could have probably had a chance to get something to stop the guy other than a gun, but he was confined to a few feet from the guy.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by ohio
I feel worse for the dog.

Dude was waving a knife at a cop who repeatedly threatened to shoot him if he did not stop. And he did not stop. um. duh.
Not only did he not stop when officers said they would shoot, he didn't even stop AFTER the cop shot him once.

The dog, however, was just waggin his tail.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
You know, I'd agree with you guys, except that the man's hands were cuffed.

Behind his back.

If the cop would have frisked him for weapons after he cuffed him, there would have been no problem. If a police officer can't deal with a suspect that has his hands cuffed behind his back without unloading into him like Rambo, he is either poorly trained or inept.

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Nah, you don't even get the greeting smartass,

Originally posted by Silver
If the cop would have frisked him for weapons after he cuffed him, there would have been no problem. If a police officer can't deal with a suspect that has his hands cuffed behind his back without unloading into him like Rambo, he is either poorly trained or inept.
Voice of experience? And can you tell me how many arrests you have made? Felony warrants? How many times have you searched a subject?

Can't? Shut your piehole.

Have a nice day.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Actually, I was talking to my best friend on the phone yesterday, and he was the one who told me about this story.

He's a cop. He was disqusted with the actions of this one. So no, it's not personal experience, but as far as I'm concerned, it's close enough.

Is that good enough for your swift silent and deadly ass, or do I need personal experience to be able to make a comment about something?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Since I live in Louisville, this seems to be all I hear about on the local news. When I first heard about it, I thought it was just another case of cops doing business as usual. But look at the facts. The cop was cornered, he already shot the guy once, but he still didn't stop. I would have shot the guy too.

But on a related note, the cops OWN this town. Look at one funny and you'll probably get the s*#t beat outta ya, then put in jail for 18 days for no reason, and with no charges against you. Fu@*%$ cops!