Quantcast

remember when....

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
WHOA! What spot is that at 2:44? I remember that spot... I don't know if it's from a magazine article on it? Or video footage? Is that spot in another video? Does anyone else recognize that?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
WHOA! What spot is that at 2:44? I remember that spot... I don't know if it's from a magazine article on it? Or video footage? Is that spot in another video? Does anyone else recognize that?
In the first vid? With the huge step down? I'm not sure. Looks like so cal.

2:32, 3:02, etc is sheep.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Oh... I know sheep hills. I remember when the ABA grands were on TV one time (I think) ESPN did a little sheep hills feature a bunch of pro riders were there, and they had Brian Foster saying that the dirt was prime for building jumps there, because it's so close to the ocean. Uhm... right.

Also, MTV sports had a bmx thing one time, that featured the Foster brothers and Todd Lyonns riding a bunch of sheep hills. That was right when I started riding as a kid. That was the first dirt jumping I'd seen, so I'd build jumps with that in mind. I never saw another video until much later when I got props 18 and 19.

Last edited:

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Actually, those are Bo's trails, I believe. I remember watching really old footie of the guys riding them. They are built into a hill side, and were pretty rad BITD.