Quantcast

Remembering Kyle Bielenberg

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Kyle was a good friend to many of us. I first met him at Big Bear in 2001 or 2002. He had just started racing downhill the previous year and was absolutely on fire. He used to pedal up South Mountain and down a few times a week on his singlespeed Imperial to train. The guy could definitely pedal a bike! LOL Kyle was one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He and I talked a lot about life, riding, and one of our many common interests, carbon fiber in bicycles. Some of you may remember the carbon boxxer leg protectors that he made. Kyle hoped to build his own carbon DH bike at some point, and I hoped to help him do that when he was ready. Kyle rode for Evil and e.thirteen, hayes, michelin, smith, iron horse, and for fun. We all used to travel together to big events. One thing I will never forget, that dude could snore like I have never heard. I don't think he was proud of it, but we all used to laugh in the morning hahaha.

He was a great guy, a great friend, a great rider, just all around great. RIP my good buddy. Gone but never forgotten.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102047&highlight=bielenberg

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Wow, I had forgotten about the snoring. I can't believe how many times I'd have to kick his sleeping bag throughout the night when camping at races.

He was a good friend for the few years I knew him. We rode together on almost every ride. He was damn fast, and pushed me to my limits.

Rest in peace, buddy.