Quantcast

remote desktop conection problem..

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
im trying to connect my work pc (client) to my home pc (host).

i´ve configured my home pc to accept remote conections, disabled the xp firewall, and opened ports tcp 3387-3390, tcp 4000-4500 on my router.

the client pc connects with no problems to another computer.
when i tried to connect to my home pc i get "The client could not connet to the remote computer" "remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. IT is also possible that the network problems are preventing your connection."

any help on that?
i know i need port 3389 to be opened for the RDC to work. i´ve opened it on my router. how can i make sure that port is open for business?
what else might be failing?

thanks

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It may be "open" on your router, but is data being forwarded to the correct internal computer?

When you try to access a network, the external IP only gets you as far as the router. You need to configure the router to forward all data coming in on the appropriate ports to the internal IP of the computer you want to access.

For example, my desktop occasionally runs an FTP server. I have my router configured to forward all incoming connections received on port 21 to my desktop's internal IP address.