Quantcast

Removing Saint Cranks

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
That's basically it. I've seen the Tech section on Saints on Shimano's site but it's not very detailed. So far I know I need the little plastic star tool for the non-drive side bolt.

BTW, all I need to do is remove the right crank/ ?spindle? to install an e13 LG 1.

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Loosen the two 5mm allens on the left crank arm.
Use the little Shimano tool to remove the "preloader cap"
Left crank arm will slide off, then just pull right crankarm/spindle out. If it's tough, don't be afraid to give a little love tap to the end of the spindle.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Loosen the two 5mm allens on the left crank arm.
Use the little Shimano tool to remove the "preloader cap"
Left crank arm will slide off, then just pull right crankarm/spindle out. If it's tough, don't be afraid to give a little love tap to the end of the spindle.
rubber mallet will work for this. AKA the problem solver.

What kind of frame is this? If it doesn't have ISCG tabs that you will need to mount the adapter under the bb cup. I can take pics of mine when I get home from work if you need clarification.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Do the Saints have the little plastic plate in the pinch bolt slot? I forget. If there's a little black somthing in the slot that the pinch bolts squeeze down, once you have the bolts loose and the star nut off, you need to flip that up. Stick somthing pointy it from the outside and flip it up.