Quantcast

Rennen?

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
I just started running singlespeed, and have vertical dropouts. I'm running a 1/8" chain and wondering if a Rennen would work with that size chain, I know mose standard singulators wont. If a Rennen does work with a 1/8" chain, Does anyone have a one, or something like it that they could sell me for fairly cheap?

Thanks,
-Chris

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
FR4life. said:
I just started running singlespeed, and have vertical dropouts. I'm running a 1/8" chain and wondering if a Rennen would work with that size chain, I know mose standard singulators wont. If a Rennen does work with a 1/8" chain, Does anyone have a one, or something like it that they could sell me for fairly cheap?

Thanks,
-Chris
The Rennen Rollenlager, Soulcraft Convert, and new Surly singelators all work with a 1/8" chain. I'm sure there are others as a lot of SS riders like to use a beefier chain.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
if your running that size of a chain cant you just use a half link to space your chain out just right?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Half-links sometimes only work if your choice of rear cog is flexible. I like to run 32x17 and it was too tight with a half-link. Chain tension with 32x16 however is right on the money.