Quantcast

Rennie going for world record...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I wish Rennie the best with this...

There seems to be no end of the season for Nathan Rennie, one of the most talented mountain bike racers on the planet. After returning home from the overseas racing season on October 5th, Rennie is still hard at work downunder. In perhaps his most challenging, and for sure most death defying stunt, Rennie is preparing to set a world record distance jump on a bicycle at the Red Bull Mountain Gap event. This attempt will take place in the Painted Desert, 30km out of Coober Pedy, in northern South Australia, and is currently scheduled for Nov. 3rd.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
pffft. colin winkleman went over 116" on a bmx bike for the current word record. i cant see it being as impressive on an mtb.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
dirtjumpP.1 said:
pffft. colin winkleman went over 116" on a bmx bike for the current word record. i cant see it being as impressive on an mtb.
I just read an article on winkleman. huge talent, wonder what was going on in his head though.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
screw all them. the biggest snowboarding jump was a whopping 187 feet, takeoff to landing. that is with NO suspension bitches

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
mcA896 said:
screw all them. the biggest snowboarding jump was a whopping 187 feet, takeoff to landing. that is with NO suspension bitches

That's the one Kyle did. He cleared 205'.

Not bad for 16(Decline 2 years ago)

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
SCARY said:
Maybe he's doing it to do it.Rennie never seemed like a press whore,like the drunk frenchie or the passed out drunk Brit.
and who would those people be?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
dirtjumpP.1 said:

word!...and landing on snow hardly counts:devil:

J

J5ive

And he didn't win the Mtn Cross at Sydney, He came in 3rd. Beaten by a lad on a 24" Cruiser and a bucket of skill.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
:WARNING: This is a rant.
If you feel offended by it, good.
You probably deserve it.

I cant believe how dumb people are.
Shut your asses up and go ride your bikes.
These forums are turning into pinkbike more and more every day.
BMXers can do this BMXers can do that, press whore blablabla.
Refering to a drunk Frenchie and a passed out Englishmen while they kick your ass with their hands up their noses.
And Sticks and stones. I didnt hear you say anything when your friend Brain was doing stairgaps for those Oakley commercials. Ya think he's pathetic too? Brain the racer Johnny riding "Urban Assault" just for a few bucks and some press coverage..
People should act up.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
Kevin said:
You probably deserve it.

I cant believe how dumb people are.
Shut your asses up and go ride your bikes.
These forums are turning into pinkbike more and more every day.
BMXers can do this BMXers can do that, press whore blablabla.
Refering to a drunk Frenchie and a passed out Englishmen while they kick your ass with their hands up their noses.
And Sticks and stones. I didnt hear you say anything when your friend Brain was doing stairgaps for those Oakley commercials. Ya think he's pathetic too? Brain the racer Johnny riding "Urban Assault" just for a few bucks and some press coverage..
People should act up.
The only thing I found offensive was your smell...:stupid:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
dirtjumpP.1 said:
BMXer Alan Cooke did a 54' backflip from ramp to ramp on a 20" bike--that's pretty crazy.

SCARY

Not long enough
Thee intent wasn't to diss anyone,but to give respect .But everyone seems to know who I'm talking about.They all deserve more than what they get.-----And Rennie gets as drunk as any of them.Stik has very set opinions and low testosterone levels--so there you have the basis to most of his rants.Somehow he mustered some swimmers to make a full blown kid.Props for that.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
BMXman said:
word!...and landing on snow hardly counts:devil:

it was a sick jump indeed, but it was only a 95' jump... haha only 95'! its says he landed at least 15' past the landing, but thats still only 110' making it not world record material. longest snow jump on a bike maybe.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Turd Ferguson said:
That's the one Kyle did. He cleared 205'.

Not bad for 16(Decline 2 years ago)
no actually this is the snowboard wr

and this is kyles

mads's jump was almost twice the distance of kyles

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
btw....get after it rennie....i say if you got sack to jump your bike...20, 24, tricycle...whatever for a world record, it's gotta be far.

hats off to a guy for pushin his limit's....and he deserve's any media he gets.

would be crazy not to have some type of tv show from it, imo

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Kevin said:
You probably deserve it.
yeah what is the hell wrong with people....116' on a BMX is impressive....ooooh but but add a shock or two in there and it's sissy territory for sure...

and yeah, snow does hurt just as much at those speeds and height (and twice the distance) :rolleyes:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
zedro said:
yeah what is the hell wrong with people....116' on a BMX is impressive....ooooh but but add a shock or two in there and it's sissy territory for sure...

and yeah, snow does hurt just as much at those speeds and height (and twice the distance) :rolleyes:
Snow can in fact, kill just as easily, or easier at those distances. Come down on your chest, head or back..you're done.